1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Friedman] News And Notes: Asik Returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lfw, Oct 18, 2013.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. You can clearly see that most NBA players rank worse than Parsons per the graph. Where Jones is is the range where most NBA players lie.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Parsons is ranked #140 according to RAPM, but there are a few dozen guys with similar RAPM in that range.

140ish would be above "average" among, say, the 450ish guys on NBA rosters at some point during the course of the season. However, it is about average among guys who actually get minutes when you consider that each team only plays 8-9 guys so there are only maybe 240-270 guys actually in playing rotations at any given time.

3. ty185

ty185 Member

So we have an argument that Beverley is better than Parsons now? wow...

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

I love the way Omer plays; hard worker, persistent, smart. I am glad he is still here, and I hope they can integrate him to the plan. He was a huge part of last year's success.

5. fuzzthetone

fuzzthetone Member

Parsons, statistically, may not be impressive enough; however, his game reading ability is way underestimated and his skill set as a SF is solid enogh, who can penetrate, shoot, pass, catch and has decent cardio and mobility.
    Ball catching ability provides energy in transition and maximize the ability of Lin or any Pgs with great court vision, forcing the opponent team to adjust defensive strategies. I think The only flaw in his game is probably his rebounding, which now can be covered by twin towers or jones on the court.

6. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

His game reminds me of the matrix in his prime. Just with a pretty shot.

7. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

Parsons is a better player than Lin and would be in any " arguably best 5" line up.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, we don't have an argument that Beverley is better than Parsons. We have a fact that Beverley is better than Parsons.

9. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Now come on Carl, ur facts will be countered by counter facts. This is CF, so there will always be discussion.

Waiting for a post which makes my statement above true. Else, Carl wins and i dont have problem with that either.

10. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

if this is true, we are in for a sweet sweet ride this season with legitimate championship aspirations.

11. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

In which case, if Beverley is better than Parsons, then he is also better than Lin, and maybe even on par with Asik, right? Lol. I love Bev, but he is not better than Parsons, well maybe in rebounding.