1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Derrick Rose hasn't lost a step

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by liunatic, Oct 17, 2013.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'd rather have both Curry and Westbrook over Rose....maybe even Irving.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Plus 1. Rose can just jump

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He looks amazing. I'm glad he took his time... the people who talked ish and rushed him back would've been the same ones either (1) shrugging their shoulders and looking for the next big thing if he'd come back early and re-injured himself, or (2) ripping him mercilessly if he'd come back early and wasn't 100%.

4. Pringles

Pringles Member

That commentary was god awful. Almost as bad as Clyde's.

5. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Not the best point guard in the league but definitely the most electric player in the league. You just get the "holy ****" factor when you see him play.

6. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

I think a lot of people are forgetting how much of a freak AD is. His recovery time and utter dominance coming back was just unreal. Dude has always been a monster athletically, the way he bursts through holes and the speed and power in how he runs is amazing. I don't think it's fair to compare any significant knee injuries to him, I think he's just an outlier. Grant Hill and Tmac are some examples of people who came back too soon and look where it got them.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

First...those are awesome highlights. Welcome back Rose.

People who compare Rose's time back to action vs AD's are conveniently leaving out the fact that Rose hasn't been able to play in a Bulls' game in the last 5 1/2 months, BECAUSE THERE HASN'T BEEN ONE!

Rose got injured in the first game of the playoffs. So 9-11 month rehab puts him at barely being game ready for the playoffs.

Let me repeat. For the last 5 1/2 months, the Bulls' have not PLAYED ONE GAME!

I'm sure Rose was this good back in April or May, which puts his full recovery at 11 - 12 months. The only difference between AD and Rose's recovery is how the two seasons work in the different sports and when the injury occurred in the season.

jeez people

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I hope he comes back strong.

Always good to have more superstars in the league.

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

When he is healthy he is the most dominant guard in the game... Paul is a great floor general but he doesnt take games over.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

curry and irving...maybe. westbrook? no way

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Westbrook and Rose are similar players, but Westbrook has a better jumper. So yeah, I'd take him over Rose.

12. hltiki

hltiki Member

are ppeople really considering taking WB and CP3 over Rose?!?!

He's healthy guys and hasn't lost a step, and perhaps even stronger and faster with a higher vertical...

wtf is happening here?

13. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

let's see how that knee feels after 50 games this season. if he can maintain a full year... then you could say he's 'back'

14. ILoveWhiteGirls

Nope.

1. Lin
    2. Beverly
    3. Everything else

15. SK34

SK34 Member

So.. Curry and Irving are better than Rose now?

They can't take over games like him and Rose improves his game way more than most other PGs have. When he came into the league, he had no jump shot and now he can hit consistent mid range and 3s.

If you saw Curry last year in the play offs, he'd have one good game with one bad game the game after. Not consistent like Rose is (and don't bring in the HEAT game cause it would've been the same for any other PG).

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

What're you basing this on? His 31% 3 pt% from 2012? The fact is, the last time we saw Rose, he didn't have a good jumper. Since he hasn't proven otherwise, it's silly for you to say he can consistently hit them.

Seriously? If Lebron guarded Steph Curry or Irving by giving them 5 feet of space every time, the Heat would get swept.

Regarding the Warriors in the playoffs last year, you're forgetting that both Lee and Bogut were hurt. That made a huge difference.

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Rose is one of my favorite players. I love his attitude. He just goes out there and plays ball. I would say his passion is up there with almost anyone. It's just so hard to see because he isn't the "HEY LOOK AT ME" type.

Some people bash him for taking a long time to come back. Some people bash him because he isn't an "all around great player" or "true pg".

But, he is one of the best players in the game today. He actually will get better as well.

Also, I find it funny that people think he is mentally weak (not nec. in this thread) for taking time and not playing in the playoffs. That took WAY more mental strength to go against public opinion and do what is best for the Bulls' future and his future. He will be back and better than ever because of it.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think Beverley will get murdered if he somehow hurts D-Rose.
    Chicago is a dangerous city.

19. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

cant wait for the duel...

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

And Bev's hometown...