1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy Obamacare Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I don't think this applies to you texxx...no one here except your cheerleaders has any respect for you or your views. Get used to it.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yay!

http://www.sfgate.com/business/netw...-can-net-huge-health-care-subsidy-4891087.php

3. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

That's weird. I went to the Kaiser website, plugged in their income, state, city, and family size and was quoted $7072 per year for the silver plan, that is closest to the plan that they have now. Not sure where they are getting their info. It is not their cheapest plan as the bronze plan is even cheaper.

#163 white lightning, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Awesome job of fact checking. I wish we had more posters like you.

5. Stacy's knee

Stacy's knee Contributing Member

My personal experience. i work for a large corporation and was paying $78/week for a family of 4 for insurance. Last year i was forced out of the plan i had and into a Blue Cross Blue Shield plan which increased the weekly cost to $92. Now i was just informed that my premiums will increase again this year another 10% to $102/week. With my original plan all i would see on a regular check up with blood work was the copay of $15. Earlier this year I had a check up with blood work and paid the $15, but then received a lab bill for the $100 that the new insurance won't cover. When Mr. Obama told me that i would be able to keep my insurance, I believe he was telling a fib. He knew that the costs would be too high for companies to keep the original plans and would be forced to make changes to avoid large penalties.

Don't get me wrong, I assumed that I would be paying more for insurance to assist those that don't have any, I just didn't know how or how much.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm on a small company plan that has age banded rates. My rate is going from $140 a month (of which I paid only $15) to $375 a month (of which I will now pay $175).

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

thanks Obama

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The next step in health care would be to address the cost issue.

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I had a similar experience because my doctor didn't tell me that their lab wasn't covered by my insurance, I could only go to LabCorp for labs. It is not an ACA issue, it is an issue with my insurance carrier, which contracted with LabCorp for all lab work.

10. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

So I just did my open enrollment. My weekly cost went down 6 bucks. My max out of pocket went up 1K but my office visit costs went down across the board.

So is this going to end the country as we know it?

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

what state?

12. FishBulb913

Texas. BCBS.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What is your demographic?

Were you pleased/displeased with your options/ease of use?

14. FishBulb913

Single white male.

I get it through my employer, didn't have to go through the marketplace. Same plan as before but it did walk me through some ACA info.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Age range?

16. FishBulb913

I'm 26.

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

premium went from 3500 to 2200. Deductible went from 1500 to 3500, employer puts 1300 in savings account, so 2200. Max out of pocket is 7500 (family plan).

18. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

My plan (through my employer) didn't change one bit after the ACA went into effect. Can we throw that into the pile of useless anecdotes that feed our pre-determined view of the ACA?

Also on a side note, Kentucky has by far the best exchange in the US. I actually took the time to check it out. Very well done, no big software glitches and the state government did a hell of a job with advertising. They're a real model for how this thing should work. Its unfortunate more states (including states that opted to run their own exchanges) couldn't emulate what they've done over there.

Their governor, Steve Beshear, went all in and 100% supported the ACA despite governing a very Republican state. It definitely paid off for people in Kentucky.

19. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

thanks obamacare

Oregon Cut Its Unsinsured Population By 10 Percent Over The Past Two Weeks

Over the past two weeks, Oregon has signed up so many low-income residents for health coverage that the state has cut its uninsured population by 10 percent, according to state health officials. The majority of those people are newly eligible for public insurance plans thanks to Obamacare’s expansion of the Medicaid program.

The Oregon Health Plan — which is what the state calls its Medicaid-funded program for poor residents — has enrolled 56,000 new people this month.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

always nice to hear good news.