1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Shameless Lin fans.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Capitalization and paragraphs are your friend. I feel you said a ton in your post, but it is incredibly difficult to read.

But honestly it is the preseason. Don't read to much into it.

3. lola eskuala

lola eskuala Member

Blind respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.

..and LOL at the dude who assumes i dont know who Superman is..

..and frankly, had Superman put owner/founder as his status/designation instead of Administrator, his comments wouldve had as less meaning as your and mine..oh well:confused::cool:

1 person likes this.
  4. Grace33

Grace33 Member

Actually English is not my mother language and I had tried my best with my poor English to express how I feel.
    I wrote this post via my cellphone and I did saw a lot of typo after reveiwing my post, haha :p
    Anyways, thanks for your comment. :)

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You know McHale was handed a brand new roster right?

The only players that remained were Greg Smith, Parsons and Patterson.

The only players that remained that were in the rotation were Parsons and Patterson.

Patterson was gone mid season. Parsons is a 2nd year player, and Greg Smith barely has NBA experience.

Most of all, the Rockets had no veteran and were not looking to win a championship.

So why would Daryl Morey fire McHale.

6. rokit

rokit Member

So what... that Minnesota team was worse than Rockets and they were .500, why would he fire Casey? That whole McHale Timberwolves era is funny to me.

7. rokit

rokit Member

Obviously, i wasn't saying McHale should've been fired

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Did you even read my initial post or are you arguing for the sake of arguing something.

I'm saying Morey has no reason to fire McHale mid-way through the season because:

1) Morey handed him a brand new roster
    2) Roster is inexperienced
    3) Team was not looking to make the playoffs, let alone win a championship.

9. rokit

rokit Member

Basically all those things happened in Minnesota, yet McHale fired Casey.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch is spitting true statements bro.

11. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

I don't think they were intentionally doing anything; it is just the basketball coaches trying to solve basketball problems, because that is their job. They weren't paying attention to appearances. It looks bad, but it wasn't intended as an insult.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I hate to quibble but there really is no concept of authority around here. It is a dictatorship. Clutch founded it and pays for it and manages it. And it is the internet, not a government. Your priorities need to be rearranged somehow.

13. Grace33

Grace33 Member

Thanks for your response and glad someone really gets my point due to my poor English><
    Anyway, I am still exciting about this season and I really hope I was wrong about this oganization and coach tho. The rockets players are so likable and the future is so bright. :)

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You think Clutch is worried about losing 220-page "Fire McHale" threads from his board?

Hey, maybe you can start a board on your ISP to host a 220-page "Fire McHale" thread!

15. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Awesome, certainly didn't expect to see this kinda thing here.
    Sure, but when we come to a grey or contentious area, it's different story.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

For the last time, it's different.

Casey spent a whole season and a half with the T-Wolves. The T-Wolves:

1) Did not have a complete roster turnover
    2) Are not full of inexperienced players, in fact they are full of veterans
    3) Are not looking to "develop", they are looking to win the championship.

It's really not that hard a concept to understand if you actually just read the post and did a tiny bit of research.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's the truth:

Yes, McHale is considering Bev as the starting pg. Duh!! That's no disrespect to Lin, that's a compliment to how great Bev is playing. So why shouldn't McHale alternate them and experiment?

If not now, when? During the regular season? McHale has to make determinations about how this team should be. THAT'S HIS JOB.

Bev has to get a few preseason starts. Why should McHale care about Lin's celebrity status or his fans. The fans in Manilla left pretty happy. And can you imagine what would happen if Lin got the start in Manila but was off the bench in Taipei? Seriously.

We have two point guards on comparable levels with different strengths and weaknesses. The logical thing to do is to experiment and see what is the best during the preseason. Why not let the best man win? Why does Lin have some right to the starting pg position? He's not royalty. He's a player. His contract means jack. Everything is jack. it's a meritocracy. And the starting pg position should go to the pg that makes the team WIN MORE GAMES.

That's the bottom line. It's winning folks. And if we are better with Lin of the bench so be it. And if we are better with Bev off the bench, so be it.

You can argue and yell and cry all you want, but the fact is, that at the end of the day, McHale is going to make the call. And no, he's not going to get fired. And if you think he is a racist, you are an idiot.

1 person likes this.
  18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yep. It is time to switch from petty preferences to full out win mode. I have been a huge D-Mo fan for a couple of years but right now I just want someone to step up at the PF position for the team. I do not care who.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The NBA is in Asia playing exhibitions to promote the league, not Jeremy Lin. If McHale feels Bev's play warranted a start to see him with the first team then it's disrespecting him not to give him that opportunity. McHale's job is to win games and find the best matchups, not to market Jeremy Lin to Asia or not put him in the position to help the team the most because his fans will flip out. Geeeeeez.

20. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

dont think mchale cares if his fans flip out or not he knows what hes doing lol