1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pacers look to limit Jeremy Lin on Sunday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox23, Oct 11, 2013.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

Just been laying low, I was studying for my LSAT all summer.

2. lfw

lfw Rookie

I felt like chiming in even though other people had been chiming in just like you felt like chiming in now. Please expound why you think it's stupid, chicken bro.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I was referring to the game in which he was fined. The Finals game is a different situation where we can legitimately challenge a basketball decision.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The preseason Jeremy Lin game plan! LOL

We can't be humiliated in a blowout preseason loss! OH NOES! :grin:

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Terrible marketing decision by the opposing coach. Doesn't he realize that if he succeeds in limiting Lin the fans they are here to put a show on for will be pissed? Really makes you think if he is the right guy for the job.

6. alethios

alethios Member

Good to have you back. I liked your thoughtful, intelligent posts unlike some of the neanderthal gruntings that have plagued the GARM. I hope to see more of torocan, too.

7. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Wrong. This is your version of events. And that is ok, you are allowed to have and express your version of events, just as durvasa and myself our. You just have to understand that not everyone will agree with you. I understand that about my own opinion, which is why I stated something to that effect, I believe, in my last post.

If you have an opinion or make a statement, you must be prepared for people to disagree or challenge that opinion or statement. Your take on the situation is not a definitive one, nor is mine. And so the debate goes on.

The problem, in my view, becomes when one side or the other tries to "own" the debate or shut down the other side by proclaiming "definitive" arguments that don't exist based on the evidence.

Again, you don't have to agree with me or others who felt McHale blew it in Manila. But it probably is best to accept that there are those who believe that he did, and those people are unlikely to be swayed by what you may feel are strong arguments defending McHale.

8. alethios

alethios Member

Coaches' jobs are not to market their players, but to strategize over how to best beat the opposing team and prepare their players for the upcoming season. Admittedly, it's not in Vogel's best interest to focus on one particular Rockets player when there's several others that will make that plan look foolhardy.

9. acyrocks

acyrocks Member

Calling other people's post stupid without give a reason sounds really stupid to me.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol I know, I wasn't being serious. Just poking fun at all the ridiculous marketing bs after the last game.

11. alethios

alethios Member

Ok, you got me. I had my sarcasm meter turned off.