1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. lola eskuala

lola eskuala Member

wow..would think the Administrator would have better judgment than name calling and marginalising fans of any kind on his site..unbelievable..just saying..dont ban me please forum gods!:grin:;)

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And that post was a huge mistake. You never tug on Superman's cape.

Clutch is a priceless icon of Rockets basketball. Respect him.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with calling things like how he sees it. It's like calling water wet or garbage trash. LoF's are LoF's and the vast majority of them trash.

4. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

+1
    +1
    At least you have learned a phrase! Consciously or sub-consciously.
    Profundity!!! Unbelievable!!! So the question is: is taste relative?

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You do know he coached a full season prior to getting fired right? His tenure was a season and a half.

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Except LOFs have know idea who those two are, as right as you are.

7. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

hate to break it to you sir but both his stints he took over while the season was happening so he didn't coach a full year until last season that was he first full 82 games coached.

btw this year will be McHales first training camp with the team he is actually going to have to coach we traded for harden last year 4 days before our 1st game. which makes last year even more impressive.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He runs a site where obnoxious fans have disrespected him and the team. If I kept this site running and paid for it like he did... I really wouldn't have a fraction of the patience.

9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Oh, that's real smart.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Dwane Casey coached a full season for the Wolves in the 2005-2006 season...

11. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

oooo my bad i thought you were talking about McHale sorry about that should have read above obviously haha

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Taste is based on societies moors, so it is variable. But most people understand when someone steps outside of its bounds.

13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Ha. I only have to be intelligent a few times a year; the rest of the year I'm free to do what I want, like post on internet forums.
    I have no idea how they will defend us if we get everything going. We get Asik back for when Howard is off the floor... I just don't know how teams will catch up to us.

14. PatBeverleyFan

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Son, this is not a democracy. When you post on this forum you are abiding by HIS standards whether you agree with them or not.

16. rokit

rokit Member

Well so did McHale in HOU. Didn't he?

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL to the guy who thinks Clutch is just an admin guy

18. Grace33

Grace33 Member

Dear Clutch,

I am a Lin fan and I joined this site one year ago after the signing of Lin.
    I didn't really know about the Rockets one year ago and it seemed that Jlin would have a bright future with this team and I hoped the Rockets would embrace him as the Knicks fans did cos I think he is a team first player and so easy to root for.
    I had watched all rockets game last season and can name almost all the rockets players right now except some of the new ones coming this year. It seems that we're so promising and I am so excited about that.
    I think there're some posts in this site that posted by some Lin supporters have been viewed as classless or problems here. And it seems that always someone raise the words "LOF" "LOH" in a thread regarding Lin.
    Although I don't think it is a good way to devide the posters come to this site but somehow it is a free world and people have right to express what they think.
    But I do hope those words will not come from you cos your are obviously defferent to us and the point you take will also affect a lot of posters here. Coz your status is much much higher:)
    I had only posted one post since joining this site a year ago and I have not place a word about how great Lin is nor a word while seeing some posts that dissed Lin like he is a joke, a trash..etc.
    Again this is a free world and people have the right to express how they feel although I might not agree with it.
    But I could not help but posting a lot these two days because I think how the rockets organization or coaching staff just did to Jlin in Manila is just awful.
    People can express how they feel about a certain player what they want but when it come to one organization or some coaching staff represent the team, that's a deffirent standard.
    I think how the rockets did to Jlin is just disrespectful although they may have some excuses such as " it is just preseason, it is not a big deal".
    The question is, when did they tell Jlin they're going to do this experiment and when did they planed to do it? It seems that they are not suddenly plan to do that right before the preseason game in Malina.
    Did they had inform Jlin their plan when they made Jlin to do all the promotion things and even let him do the speech in a reception party represent the Rickets? Basically, you will not let a back up pg to do that job. The rockets has 2 superstar and one HOF coach that more qualify this job than jlin.
    Did the beard went to Manila this offseason for PR? Should he be more qualify since he is considered the face of the team?
    Why lin? Coz obviously he is the focus there right?
    Everyone know this Asia tour is not only a ordinary preseason games. It's a celebration and one of a life time event decribed by Lin. It definitely mean something to lin because his Asian background.
    Coming off the bench is considered as a demotion to a NBA player and no matter how beautiful you pack it, it just what it is.
    If they only want to try some experiment during this preseason game, they could always find a way by manage their minutes without pulling Jlin from the starter. If they want to give PB a chance to start, they can also try it after back to US. After all, it is just a preseason game not a playoff game that really matters win or lose.
    If a organization or a coach is so naive and think this is not a big deal. I don't know what to say...
    I think they definitely know and that's why they didn't choose to announce their plan earlier and choose to wait right before the game start.
    The way and the timing to let lin come off the bench is so awful
    and seems like a slap on his face. Right in front the Asia fans that came to see lin play. Really "classic" or lack of consideration make me doubt about this organization and the coaching staff.
    Sorry for my long post and this is just my personal opinion...

19. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Lol at that CNM guy on youtube turning into a LOF to get hits. classy.

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

++++ Exactly. Respect the man. He has paid his dues.