1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin and Pat Bev will alternate starts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Oct 10, 2013.

1. kcd

kcd Member

Agree with this. We know McHale doesn't think highly of Lin as a player, we saw that last year. He could barely remember Lin was on the team unless directly asked.

2. Fighton

Fighton Member

is there an echo in here? haha. doesn't understand and doesn't care. and he shouldn't - that wouldn't be beneficial to the team.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Obvious analogy, which someone mentioned somewhere on CF: Popovich sending Duncan and others home before a nationally televised game @ Miami. Was punished by the league. Does it make him a bad coach? I'll say "no."

4. kcd

kcd Member

Maybe he didn't mean you, but there are some who prefer in Lin any lesser role as much as possible. Anyways, Lin fans are constantly being put down also.

5. Postcall

Postcall Member

While I am a huge Lin fan from his Knicks days and think that he would be better starting I dont pretend to know what is best for the Rockets. I dont think they know either and are trying to figure it out. Lets just see what happens as the goal this year is to contend for a chip.

6. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

I'm pretty sure McHale doesnt favor Lin nor Beverly. That whole theory sounds utterly ridiculous. If anything McHale's hard stance with Lin seems to have worked because so far Lin looks really good out there. Any coach will tell you, you are hard on the players that can take it and you really like.

7. Breaker

Breaker Member

Team looked a lot better with Beverley starting

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

9. vator

vator Contributing Member

Ok I asked this in the game thread and had no luck. I really don't want to start a new topic just to ask a question. Here it goes...

I have Uverse and when I went to work this morning, the game was blacked out. I noticed that it was going to be aired again at 1:30 so I recorded it. Can someone please tell me if the game is showing or did they black it out twice? Thanks in advance! I don't want to be all pumped about watching the game only to get home and discover that all I recorded was a black screen.

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

you might get the re-broadcast.

but you should know that any game involving Houston, airing on NBAtv, will be blacked out during the live broadcast in the Houston market, regardless of your cable provider.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

On replays, its not blacked out in my experience.

12. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

It only looked better because someone (i.e., Lin) could actually run the second unit.

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Lol he will do it with Lin playing also, I think it just means we will actually win the turnover battle for once with Jeremy coming off the bench.

14. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

This is a prime example of why you don't get back together with someone that dumped you. It's too bad he didn't have a choice.

15. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

Good for you, but I've been reading these forums since Lin joined the Rockets and I'm seeing mostly the same people who have been trying to tear him down from day one saying the same things over and over. These are the same people that dismiss Linsanity and want to judge Lin's TRUE worth by 1 game against Miami, or 1 game in the playoffs where the entire team showed how green it was, or by games in which he was playing injured.

I've also watched Mchale's horrendous treatment of him. You seem to think that wanting the Rocket's to win and hating on Lin or being prejudiced against him are mutually incompatible they are not.

Those who have these prejudices naturally don't think Lin is good enough, they never have. Mchale is one of them. So there's no conflict. Lin doesn't belong, he's a back-up at best and on the bench at best, and that's always been their attitude and it seems to me it's always been Mchale's attitude.

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

That is why I have been saying since Beverly got here that Lin should come off the bench as a spark, that is the way you can get the most out of him, he can dominate the ball with the second unit, while the first unit is revolved around Howard and Harden.

It's kinda like how the Thunder let Harden come off the bench, so he could be the ball handler. And they started Sefolosha to play defense and hit 3s.

17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Not necessarily. It'll come from somewhere else. There were a ton this game between TJones and Howard.

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Lmfao what has Mchale done to Lin? Not play him in the forth quarter? Well guess what when you are trying to win games you can't have a guy who has trouble handling the ball with people in his face that turns the ball over and isn't a top notch defender... To many things can go wrong, Beverly finishes the games because he is the Anti-Lin

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Smart move by McHale. Benching Lin for this game and letting him start the game in Taiwan.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Do yall think that there might be a reason for this? Mchale sees Jeremey every day in practice, way more than any of us here, don't you think there is a reason he might not think he is the greatest other than the typical LOF response of "Mchale hates Lin!"