1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pacers 10/10/2013 in Manila, Philippines (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 7, 2013.

1. ParanoidAndroid

i'm not sure if that's a good comparison. pop plays manu in crunch time. manu is a part of the spurs big three. but nice try at pacifying the lin fans.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Anyone have an accurate box-score. All the regular sites are a quarter behind.

3. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Knee jerk reactions going around, Lin is the starter. Plain and simple. Bench won't play as many minutes during the regular season so all this leading the 2nd unit is overplayed.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Garcia proved to me in the post season against OKC that he can provide D with out a drop off in offensive production.

5. echu888

echu888 Member

Completely agree. He, D-Mo, Casspi had some fantastic chemistry going there, with Lin initiating the playmaking and ball-movement.

I haven't been a D-Mo fan thus far, but he really looked comfortable, and playing the game at the right pace tonight. Makes me much more hopeful for him.

Still not sure about T-Jones though. That guy looks like he's got some skills but also like an airhead out there half the time.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Solid game. Liked what I saw from most guys. Howard struggled a bit but shut down Hibbert.

Harden played great. Lin looked great in the second unit, but still not sold on him coming off the bench. DMo looked a lot better which was great to see. Although I do like him coming off the bench rather than starting, he seems to have too many jitters when he first starts playing, and he needs to learn how to calm it down a bit.

I like Jones at that starting spot. Like I said earlier, I cannot wait to get Asik back to bolster that second unit.

7. strifed169

strifed169 Member

Harden 21 pts
    Parsons 15 pts
    Casspi 19 pts
    Dmo 15 pts
    Howard 6 or 9 pts
    Bev and Lin 12 pts

I think

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

There were some really good lineups out there.

Lin
    Garcia
    Casspi
    DMo
    Asik

This lineup is as good as our team from 2011-2012

9. demarco1

demarco1 Member

nice play for all the rox team player, bev and lin looks good, PG position already done deal. they are really effective rotation, now, PF position seem good tonight but still not enough, we hope to see asik, gracia and smith brings to the team , after they are healthy.. nice play

10. jedicro

jedicro Member

If he plays like he did tonight. Though it's not guaranteed he'll be coming off the bench. He's starting the next game. McHale is experimenting.

If he does come off the bench I wonder who will be the in to close the games. I'm guessing that will be a very fluid thing based on match ups.

11. echu888

echu888 Member

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Lin will be starting in Taiwan.

12. pacmania

pacmania Member

You can't keep a good man down, we'll see what a 100% Jeremy Lin can truly do this season when not nursing injury .

You can't keep a bad man up for too long, we'll see what Kevin Mchale can do with an extraordinarily talented team.

To the people who think coaching in general is not important and is overrated: Why does it have to be awarded to Kevin Mchale why not Dream? Dream seems to have a passion for coaching and will not have the same prejudice against minorities that Mcfail has.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

Lin player of the game - 790 radio

14. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

That is a 500 starting line up.

I just jizzed.

15. BayAreaBaller

BayAreaBaller Member

I did watch the game, son. Beverley did well, but Lin did nothing to lose his spot. He won't be in Houston, the armpit of America, for long, so don't worry, all of us "LOF's" will be gone before you know it.

16. conquistador#11

very good point. Like a told king1, if harden and manu can do it, lin is not above it. My fear was that the offense going into iso mode if that happened, but so far that hasn't been the case. specially with how well Howard is able to create passes for open shooters or cutters. Lin with freedom is the best thing. Now he just has to grow out the hair and work more on the flop. If he is feeling it on a given game, he will still get his 30 minutes. At least I hope.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Just experimentation. Nothing to read into.

18. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

gotta admit... brilliant move by Mchale... Last game our bench suck really bad... now it is really good! Great game!!!

19. Normalus

Normalus Member

Someone, please teach D-Mo how to land after dunk. It may cost injury if not.

20. strifed169

strifed169 Member

Bev is the right fit alongside Howard and Harden who demand all the touches, read the other thread explaining how Bev is an off-ball player, Lin is a ball dominant player, put him on the bench and he will flourish, ffs, stop being a homer, ruining it for Lin.