1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I think McHale should give Bev a few "trial" starts towards the end of the preseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Geronimo, Oct 6, 2013.

1. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I think you missed something in your logic there...lol

2. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

how does that debunk his statement? we know Koke and Shaq in their primes were better players than Tony Parker. but is Derick Fisher in his prime better than Tony Parker in his prime?

3. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

i know really, ppl are reaching for anything to argue against Lin. pretty sad, but funny at the same time :grin:

4. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

point is, even if Parker was as good as he is, the team would not have catered to Parker at the expense of Kobe and Shaq.

5. wil55n

wil55n Member

OP your wish has been granted. Hope the team does well!

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

You are correct. The (Pete Carril's) Princeton offense requires 5 solid passers who are disciplined and make good decisions. The idea is to constantly move, set picks, and pass the ball until you have a favorable situation, i.e. you do not need a ball dominant, creative point guard who make "home run" passes for the system to work.

As a matter of fact, Adelman's version ran optimally once the Kings traded away a ball dominant creative passer in Jason Williams, in favor for the better off-the-ball player in Mike Bibby.

Any flowing offense requires constant passing, not one constant passer.

7. 34to11

34to11 Member

Well, well, well....look who's starting against Indy.

So much for this debate

8. nepopop

nepopop Member

hahaha OP got it right. T Jones also starting.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Its pre-season, so McHale will experiment with different lineups. But when the season starts Lin will be the starter.

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Whoever ends up starting in the end is fine by me, I still find it so funny how some people were so against this and acted as if it was a ridiculous idea.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Who was better Sam Cassel or Kenny Smith. Some fans wanted Sam to start but did Coach Rudy T ever give the notion that Smith's job was on the line. No sir, some fans thought it was but it wasnt and Coach didnt start Sam in a pre-season game.

I guess McHale doesnt have his starting lineup in place. Normally when teams mindsets are of that of a contending team, they already have there sh** on lock.

For example the Grizz, I never seen them experiment to see if Jerryd Bayless could run that starting PG position. LOL Kevin just dont like Lin. I see what some of the LOF's be talking about now.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Your basically agreeing with putting Lin on the bench. The better player played on the bench to improve the team overall. What the Grizz has to do with our team and how we decide to do things is irrelevant.

Your problem is that it didn't start that way so we shouldn't change things or try things out? That doesn't sound like a smart way to run a team.

The only thing Kevin likes is winning and I guarantee that's his only motivation. If you know what I be talking about.

13. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

To everyone that gave this thread a 0 star rating, I accept your apology. :)

14. hbomb

hbomb Member

Fellow LOH's rejoice! :D :D
    Lin is a bench-worthy player

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Considering that's literally impossible, you are accepting nothing :)