1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official 2013 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Lineup Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by ivenovember, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

I don't like this trade. I like Torrey Smith but I think the other person is trying to sell high (somewhat) on Edelman who is trending down.

2. what

what Member

yeah, this was terrible advice. Just goes to show you, go with the majority.

If I would have know TY Hilton was going to carve up the seattle defense I would have played him. This was a screwy week.

3. AB423

AB423 Member

What does the rest of your team look like?

4. AB423

AB423 Member

If you are getting Lynch and have decent wrs then I would take it. Edelman isn't going to produce that much Gronk and Amendola.

5. Mr Boo

QBs: Kaep
    RBs: McCoy, Forte, Z Stacy, L Blount
    WRs: Welker, Gordon, Blackmon, Percy Harvin
    TEs: V. Davis, M. Bennet

I know Kaep is sucking right now...and Blount was a flier that didn't work out, so I'm going to drop him for Bryce Brown this week. The other guy is short a TE and I don't mind really losing one of these TEs (not sure that's the right mindset), so I essentially see it as a 2 for 1 meaning: Lacy + Green for Forte.

6. AB423

AB423 Member

The trade looks tempting but after deep thinking, I wouldn't do this trade since AJ hasn't been producing much and the WRs you have are pretty solid and will put up numbers similar to AJ.. I think Blackmon will have a great year.. But if you wanna try to get another QB, then you could do this trade and use some of your receivers as assets to get one.

7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I'm with hoodooslab... I think the trade is a pretty lateral move and probably not worth it. Blackmon and Gordon are both serviceable until Harvin is available (hopefully before Week 10: I have him too). Forte is too good to part with.

8. Mr Boo

Thanks for the input hoodoo and bob! ... man alive FF is hard.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would be receiving lynch
    My starting wrs are Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, and Vincent Jackson.

I'm just worried about losing a good flex spot guy which is what I use Edelman or smith for.

10. AB423

AB423 Member

lol who are your rbs? If you have a solid RB1 and RB2 then you could do this trade and then use your current RB2 as your flex.

11. AB423

AB423 Member

Having trouble debating on who I should start..

Finley at Balt
    or
    Fleener at SD

and as my flex
    Moreno vs Jax
    or
    Blackmon at Den

I have Forte vs Giants and Bush @ Clev as my 2 RBs but I think Jacksonville will keep throwing and maybe by the middle of the 3rd quarter they will sit the starters.
    Help please!

12. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Go Fleener, I expect a higher scoring game at SD.

I think DEN goes back to using three RB's in this game. 50/50 split with Knowshon and Hillman through two quarters. But this game will be over in the 2nd quarter sometime.

Montee Ball will get double digit touches in this game.

I would play Blackmon, he feels safer to me. Knowshon could have a 11 carry 54 yard rushing, 1 catch for 8 yards type of day with no touchdowns.

2nd half after the blowout, DEN goes into a base defense and Cecil and Blackmon start making plays.

At least thats how I see it going.

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

trade:

sending: matt stafford QB, willis mcgahee RB, garrett graham TE.

receiving: james jones WR, came newton QB, nick novak K.

what do yall think?

12 team ppr.

[​IMG]

#553 tmoney1101, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  14. AB423

AB423 Member

Thanks.. yeah I was thinking of selling high on Moreno now because he will go back down on carries unless its a close game.. I got offered Moreno for Vincent Jackson or Moreno for Fitzgerald.. should I take one of them? My WRs are Demaryius, Decker, Blackmon, Harvin, and Bowe, but I plan on dropping Bowe.

15. AB423

AB423 Member

Yes I would do it because you aren't going to really be using Mcgahee and you need help at your flex and James Jones is hot right now and is a good flex option... And Cam Newton isn't too shabby to have as a 2nd QB.

16. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I would sell. They'll beat KC week 11 and 13, and lock up the division and AFC home field by week 14. Then Moreno will be in cruise mode until the playoffs.

I'm still pumping the Bucs as fantasy options for the rest of the year. This might be a bad call by the end of the year. But I'll stick with it.

So I'd prefer V. Jackson over Fitz for the rest of the year. Bowe is definitely droppable in 10 team leagues. I would probably do it in a 12 team league.

17. AB423

AB423 Member

Thanks for the help!

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Someone in my league dropped Miles Austin. I'm thin at WR with only Decker and Steve Smith as my go to starters. Would this be a good pick to sit on until he comes back? Or is his injury serious?

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Cutler vs. NYG

or

Kaepernick vs Arizona

Leaning Cutler. Giants pass D is a mess and Kaep just isn't putting up any numbers since week 1.

20. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Yes, pick him up.

Who are your options to drop?