1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official 2013 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Lineup Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by ivenovember, Sep 4, 2013.

1. what

what Member

I would do this deal. I truly don't believe that Spiller is a buy low guy. I also think that Bernard has proven to be fantasy reliable.

2. what

what Member

I've stashed Blinn College Alum Khiry Robinson. He might not do anything, but I believe holding on to him for a few weeks to see how it goes could pay off.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Do you have any insight on what Reece's role will look like with Jennings taking all the catches? And would he resume a featured role similar to last year if (when) Jennings pulls a disappearing act like he did last year?

4. what

what Member

Marcel's role is that he doesn't have a role, so I am really not understanding your question.

If you are in a league, and more importantly, have a team where Marcel Reece has to be stashed, you got bigger problems than him on your hands. Why would you stash Reece when you could have picked up Jennings instead, I just don't get the logic behind it. It looks like you are trying too hard to be sneaky.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Strangely OC Greg Olson has really not involved Reece at all. With McFadden out, in the past it would mean some extra Carries. He is getting hardly any touches right now which is puzzling.

The expectation is that Jennings will shoulder the load. Jeremy Stewart is the backup because Latavius Murray is injured.

Andre Holmes is WR to keep an eye on.

#485 moestavern19, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

How is it too sneaky when we know what he's done before when given the starting RB job? We also know that Jennings fell flat shortly after becoming the lead back for his team.

If he doesn't have a role, or a role planned out for him, then it wouldn't have made sense for the new regime to extend him.

7. what

what Member

A guy that you should look into, who's a far better stash player, and who is probably still on the waiver wire, is Khiry Robinson. He could become the starting running back for NO in a few weeks, and at the very least platoon for about 12 carries a game and 2 to 4 pass targets.

And though he is probably owned by now Andre Ellington would be a great pickup.

8. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Bit confused how this thread is different than "Should I" thread. Haven't gotten response in that thread, please Pick 1:

J Blackmon
    L Blount

9. what

what Member

it seems to me that you drafted blackman to play the guy and i'm not so sure this is the case with blount. therefore blackman is your play. I mean any player can have a breakout game and blount is no different, but you bought into blackman before the season, now have the balls to play him. simply as that.

if you think blackman is a dud, then you shouldn't have drafted him.

10. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

Who should I start in my FLEX spot?
    Brandon Jacobs vs Phila
    Dwayne bowe vs Ten
    Zac stacy vs jax
    Eddie royal vs Oakland

Thanks in advance!

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Blackmon seems to be Gabbert's guy. That isn't saying much.

12. what

what Member

royal or bowe. if it is ppr, the safest play is royal. bowe is in the same boat as ty hilton is this year, they are casualties of the check down qb.

if you play jacobs or stacy you are just gambling and it is a lot of risk. stacy is in a godawful timeshare and jacobs is basically NOT david wilson, which ain't saying much.

bowe has more talent but royal might get it done. I would probably play royal only because of the matchup, but I do think bowe could have more fantasy points at the end of the day.

13. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

Sorry boss for not putting it was a Standard league... and thank you!

14. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

I actually never drafted him, picked him up last week. Thanks for the feedback. Good luck to everyone!

15. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Start Blount or Powell? Standard league.

16. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Asked in the "should I" thread, but still undecided. Should I start Rivers or Newton?

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

so you wouldnt keep Bernard? and get Spiller.

18. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

Tough choice, but i will go with Powell!

19. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

Rivers for your teams victory. Arizona Def is tough and feisty.

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Go with Rivers.