1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: Range Rover runs over bikers.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Sep 30, 2013.

1. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

were they off duty, or undercover, or both?

I can understand if they were trying to infiltrate the group to get more information on organized crime or illegal activity.

and it's not like they knew they would be assaulting someone that day.

what if some of the cops stayed back to help the injured one? they would have not participated in or witnessed the assault at all.

3. ILoveWhiteGirls

[​IMG]

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I get that they might want to preserve their undercover identity, but a man could have died in front of his family. They should have intervened. A man's life is more important than a drug bust. The police could always plant another undercover officer later.

6. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

apparently there were 6 cops, and there was a story about 2 active duty NYPD cops doing nothing while a man got his face cut in a subway station a few months back

http://www.sott.net/article/264398-...hed-while-trying-to-stop-subway-serial-killer

7. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

There were more than 5 cops part of the mob and a few of them stood by and watched the beating. One of them was off duty undercover but was not investigating the biker group. He didn't even have to reveal his cover, he could have just said "hey, stop".

The truth seems to be that the cops are friendly with the members of the mob and probably even enabled them to chase the SUV down. Those cops are in deep ****, and the city is just about praying that Alex won't sue the NYPD for being accessories to the assault.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

It depends how deep he's infiltrated them. You'd be surprised how many undercovers had to look the other way to prevent blowing the case. It's not uncommon to for them to put a drug bust over a mans life. Not exactly easy to plant another undercover. Takes years for them to gain trust.

And Of course, all my knowledge comes from gangster movies. And I honestly don't know if these bikers some major underground crime ring that needs undercovers. Have a feeling these were off duty officers.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it would be helpful if the police that were present would be able to identify more of the bikers involved.

and apparently these motorcycle groups do need to be investigated. they seem to think they are above the law.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hopefully police will start cracking down on bike mobs like this. Please arrest everyone in critical mass. Thanks.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoHEgz5-tUA

Eye witness who went and intervened in the beating of Alex said a biker forcibly pulled the wife out of the car to assault her.

Someone needs to put a bullet in that bikers head.

13. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

These subhuman trash should all locked up in jail for their lifttime. These animals are just a waste of air.

Sergio Consuegra is a very brave man.

14. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Several of the assaulting bikers have been identified by name by the police.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The person that grabbed the mother (in front of child) whom wasn't even driving needs to be put in jail for a long time.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

There was a point where he drove right past an exit.

If they're getting ahead of him, which some were, you can lose them by exiting quickly. I wasn't saying he should start trying to cut corners and speed around streets.

You don't he would have been safer inside a business? I doubt he gets mobbed like that inside a business. He stopped in the middle of street that offered no protection between his family and the bikers besides a thin sheet of glass. I get he was probably panicking, but I personally would have been thinking of going somewhere with a lot of people where i could put a wall or door between those guys and my family.

17. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

What has happened to her husband is tragic. But she should have added the scumbag friends of her husband need to pay for what they did too. Actually those scumbags should be 99% responsible for it.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If he takes an exit he runs the risk of running into a red light, which was exactly what happened. Personally, I would have stayed on the highway and just mowed down any moronic bikers that were dumb enough to try to get in front of me while calling 911 and hoping the police sends a patrol car or two my way. At the end of the day you're practically driving a tank relative to what the bikers are riding on, might as well utilize it for self defense.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Anyone see that video where they open his door on the highway? Where did that come from? I didn't see that in the original video and it doesnt seem to be when the Rover stopped and then ran them over. Was that before?

Driving 60-70 mph on a highway with slashed tires??

Again, thinking my family's safety, that's not a smart thing to do. You're not going to win a that battle against that many bikers. He got lucky he didn't lose control, but I wouldn't risk that.

20. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Yah but the alternative was a near fatal beating and stabbing. Honestly in that situation, unless you are james bond,,no way in hell youd be thinking straight with that many crazy bikers threatening you and your family