1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

why is Barry Warner on my radio??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Oct 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Nero

Nero Member

Wth is going on at 790??

Now what?

Where is Lance??

Can't they just settle on something?

This guy, I can't take!

2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Barry Lamont Laluie Warner Sportsmouth has a giant cookie-duster on his upper lip that could stop traffic! The guy is a Houston sports institution. :p

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He's just subbing in. Calm the **** down.

4. Nero

Nero Member

LOL yeah I finally heard. Problem was, I happened to turn it on at the tail end of hearing Uncle Greg on the phone talking to Warner, saying something like 'Glad you are 790'..

And with all the bush-league crap that station did over the last few months, I feared the worst.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

While I have been loathe to give them any credit, my advice is just switch to Mad radio on AM610. Seth Payne has raised his game to another level since the season started. The last 3-4 Mondays he has been off the charts. Meltser is very good too. IMO, they have the best show on local radio for Texans discussion.

Go ahead and call me crazy for saying this, but oh well: Mad radio for the Texans is quickly becoming the equivalent of what Matt and Adam were for Rockets talk.

6. Indaface

Indaface Member

I started listening to them after Jay Bore got on 790 and I would have to co-sign this. Good discussion when it comes to the Texans.

7. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Does anyone know if there a specific time-frame when they talk Rockets? I tune in every morning, and it's Texans talk non-stop. I'm not that big fan of football, and it's been "matt schaub" talk for the last 36+ hours.

8. Indaface

Indaface Member

With Matt and Adam being gone my guess will be that the only Rockets talk we will get pre-season will be the pre and post game shows with MT.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im a 610er now...it's been much, much better now.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Tune in around February.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I turn on the radio and the first thing I hear is caller say, "hello Adam and Mr Barry Warner" and I was like, lullllllz, Lance must be imitating Barry Warner, this is gonna be gold!

Then I proceeded to get b****ed.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Adam clanton brings the rockets up all the time in the am

13. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I've finally bailed on the 790 morning show and gone back to podcasts, 100% due to Clanton. I love Lance, but I've never heard Clanton say anything to make me believe he has more than a casual understanding of sports.

790 has screwed things up so badly over the past few months. Which is sad, because they had the best lineup in the city top to bottom.

14. snc

snc Member

Mad Radio has definitely taken over that time slot, but that's really the only time I listen to 610. Lance and Adam have weird chemistry (Lance is too often doggin' on Adam for no reason) but anything I can't stand Nick's voice on 610.

I never get to listen to MT anymore because he is later in the day, which sucks. Not the best sports talk, but probably the most entertaining.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I still listen to 790 in the morning.

Lopez should get ran over by a car. I'll listen to their midday show only. I don't know how the **** 790 ****ed up so bad.

Warner should go do his radio Vietnam show or whatever he does. Just have a talk show on his Vietnamese station.

Matt and Adam should be doing Rockets feedback show starting this week. unless if it's a west coast game, but still.

I like Adam. I like Lance. But not at the expense of Matt and Adam. I guess i'm bias cause I grew up listening to them for a long ass time.

Adam is good at spot duty. I hate their regular callers that call in. Annoying as ****.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

We have this exact same thread at least every other month on the bbs for the last decade.

And by this thread, I don't mean the Barry Warner part. Just that any sports radio related thread almost immediately turns into posters saying which hosts/stations they prefer. That train's never late.

And since I'm here, I just want to say that 790 really screwed up when they reshuffled and let go of Matt and Adam. I hadn't tuned to 610 in years prior to that, but now I regularly listen to them. I still can't stand John Lopez, but I really enjoy the MAD radio show, which I would have never discovered if 790 hadn't jacked things up. 790 is dead to me now during the lunch hours.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Been driving to work for a few weeks instead of taking the bus, so I've had more time to listen.

Oddly enough, I really don't mind Nick Wright at all. He talks about twitter a little too much, but other than that I think he's okay. I mean, he actually talks about sports and doesn't try doing shtick like most other hosts in the city. Lopez is awful, though.

Never thought I'd say this, but I miss Vandermeer. Miss his professionalism. A host who actually does his homework and preps for his show. A rare thing on the AM airwaves in Houston these days.

Can't pick up 790 or 1560 until I get downtown in the mornings. Seriously...is 1560 still on the air? I can't name a single host who works there besides Granado. They are never mentioned in these threads either.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah, I still listen to them sometimes. John and Sean Cablinasian are in the drivetime evening. John Harris is on midday. Otherwise it is national shows. I really don't understand wtf they are doing there. Either fold up shop, or try to really make a dent in the market.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Warner is so annoying. Adam got straight into it about Schaub. Asked him what he felt about the situation. Warner proceeded to talk about who is real heroes where...brings up some guy who has a kid that plays for LZ's dad.

There was no correlation at all. I guess he was saying that football is not that big of a deal. Complete WTF moment. I switched to music right away.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Link