1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pippin b****in'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Free Agent, Apr 5, 2003.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Hey PiPdAdY33, you have a dark, chocolate colored stain around your neck.

In other words, you should probably remove your head from Scottie's anal region otherwise he might blame you when he is given his walking papers in Portland and he quickly comes to find out that PJ doesn't want him in LA.

Mark my words, he will not be a Laker on PJ's watch.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I think he's a very good player. There's also no player in the league I hate more than him. The way he went out here, how could we not all hate him? When he leaves Portland they will all hate him too. And I agree with whoever said PJ wouldn't have him in LA. Maybe before the Blazers experience, but not after. He's exposed himself as a whiny little b**** everywhere he's been. And the Zen Master doesn't much care for all that. Imagine what he'd have been saying to the media if he'd been a Laker this year when they were slumping.

Doesn't matter if he's a good player. Sometimes a player can be such an incredible cancer they do more harm than good, no matter how good a player they are.

When Scottie's career is over, he'll have the dubious distinction of being most hated by the fans of the teams he played for. Nice legacy.

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

When did Jordan ever almost take the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Finals WITHOUT Scottie? Hell, did he ever get out the first round without Scottie (1-9 playoff record without Pip)? The Bulls did not make it out the first round until Pip's second season (he only played like 20 min per game in his first season). Last time I checked, almost going to the Eastern Conference Finals is further than the first round.

For Scottie to lose "the greatest player ever", have a rookie take his spot (Kukoc was good, but it was still his rookie season) and damn near take that team to the Eastern Conference Finals (one bs call away) while leading the team in damn near every statistical category, while also being the main defensive cog is a hell of an accomplishment to me. Name me another player that has done the same (lose the ultimate teammate/best player and take them that far).

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So you are basing this on the fact that the Bulls made it to the Eastern Conference Finals without Jordan. Who were the dominant teams in the East that year. Did he have to beat, Bird's Celtics, no, Isiah's Pistons, no, Dominique's Hawks, no, The Milwakee Bucks with Cummings, Pierce, Moncreif, etc., no. Let me see, he lost to Ewing and John Starks. Oh I forgot, Derreck Harper.

These are the facts you are basing Scottie's greatness on. Dude give up this argument, its ridiculous.

5. Icehouse

In case you forgot, that Knick squad that Pippen almost beat was a very good team. They came one game (actually one blocked shot) from winning a title.

Yeah, that Bucks team was also on a decline, and that was their first year playing together (as far as Cummings and Pierce go). Moncrief was SO much better than Pat Ewing. Their defense was so much better (led the league by giving up 104 points a game). The Knicks D was so much worse. They won two more games than the Knicks did, and they never went to the Finals. The Knicks team that Scottie took to seven was better than the Bucks team that Jordan barely got one win against. In case you forgot, the Rockets barely beat that team in the Finals....unless you want to discount our championship too since it did not come in the 80's.

True, the Knicks team was not as good as the Celtics squads. The Bulls did not run into the other teams before Scottie, so what is your reason for mentioning them? However, the Knick team was still VERY good. The fact is still that Pip took the Bulls further than Jordan ever did, which is amazing considering he lost Jordan the yr before (that would be like Kobe losing Shaq today).

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

okay,

Icehouse, are you saying that Pippen is better than Jordan. That's all I really want to know.

7. Icehouse

HELL NO!!! :)

I'm just stating the fact that the man lost Jordan, arguably the greatest player ever, and he still took his team very far. To me, no matter how much I hate the guy, that's a hell of an accomplishment.

To me, he's just not a "sidekick" because when it was him time to put a team on his back after King Mike left, he did it, and took the team further than Mike ever did (unlike Kobe, who folks swear is the greatest thing ever even though he dosent even have a decent record without the big fella). Ya know...Kobe led his team to a 3-14 record at the beggining of the season, had a great month, went 2-1 when Shaq missed time again, and he is God. Pip does his thing all year, leads his team in damn near everything, and he is still just a sidekick. Huh??

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Okay, man, I was just wondering. Actually we are in agreement on how good Pippen is. After Magic and Bird retired, he was arguably the 5th or 6th best player in the league. Its Jordan, Olajuwon, Barkley, Malone then close between Pippen and Drexler.

The only thing I question about Pippen is maturity and leadership.

9. tigereye

tigereye Member

It seems that Pipen might not have to put up with this much longer in Portland. Owner Paul Allen is getting tired of the Jailblazers lame act regarding there history with breakin' da' law.
    Here are some comments form Allen that I came across from the Oregonian (Portland Newspaper)

Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen has kept a long silence through tumultuous times. He broke it Saturday. That and this report from The Oregonian's Ryan White

"As an owner, I take player behavior very seriously," Allen told The Oregonian in an e-mail passed through a spokesman for his company, Vulcan, Inc. "We all expect a lot from our team, and the Blazers have to be accountable for doing what's right for the team, the fans and the community -- and players need to be held responsible.

"Let there be no mistake that unacceptable conduct will not be condoned. Everyone at the Blazers will tackle these issues head on -- and we are prepared to suspend players, levy heavy fines and trade or release players.

"The community deserves a team of which we can all be proud and I am fully committed to improving the Blazers' conduct on and off the court."