1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA TV on Cable or not...revealed.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaDakota, Apr 8, 2003.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Here is the reason that Time Warner no longer has the NBA TV channel, and why we are missing a ton of games.

DD

2. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Good info. Thanks.

3. MadMonk

MadMonk Member

I am gonna be pretty PO'ed if the Rockets make the playoffs and I can't see the games on League Pass. The greed of the NBA is appalling!

4. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

That's pretty amazing ... and stupid. I'm surprised no one has announced a class action lawsuit yet. It sounds like you could win pretty easily.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Glad this was posted. I was going to post it if it wasn't. Glad ESPN.com's Marc Stein wrote this article. He has been following this situation since early this year. He is giving it good publicity. In fact I emailed him to thank him for keeping on this story.

As a digital cable subscriber it really irritates me that NBA TV is not offered on Digital Cable (Comcast Cable). For my money, unless that channel is offered on Satelite AND Digital Cable, then that channel is NOT national! No way should those NBA TV games be considered national games! Ridiculous!

It will be our luck that IF the Rockets make the playoffs their games show up on NBA TV.

The NBA needs to get their act together and do some SERIOUS negotiations with the cable companies so this problem does NOT exsist next year. The fact they even let it exsist at ALL this year is pathetic!