1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Saddam is dead??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by olliez, Apr 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Good riddance d******d.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Let's try to keep this thread on topic Oski. I think SoDamn Insane and his sons WhoDey and Bootay being vaporized is a bit too important to be cluttered by polls about bbs color scheme usage. ;)

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Did you make up those nicknames all by yourself???? ;)

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

LOL! At least Saddam and Son disintegrating is good for a laugh in this thread!

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Come on, people can still mention what color they use in their post.

Example:

Good to hear that SOB and his demon sons are gone. Oh, I use the dark option BTW.

6. RocksMillenium

Or how about "Is the background of your BBS scheme the same color as the smoke that rose up from the rubble that Saddam and his demon spawns are squashed under"?

7. RocksMillenium

On a side note, what a heck of a day it has been! First the U.S. finds possible proof of WMD, then a B-1 Bomber potentially sends Saddam and his sons to hell. Bet Rumsfeld, Bush and the other officials are probably throwing one big @ss block party as we speak!

8. RocksMillenium

MSNBC just showed a video of the area that the U.S. bombed, and they showed people, believed to be Saddam's friends and cohorts, and they were looking at the area shocked and stunned. They showed a close up a guy walking around dazed and confused, and then he started to cry and started to hug another guy and they started to cry. Wow.

9. sinohero

sinohero Member

The Hussein clan, Ali, Saddam & sons, gone in a weekend.

20 days.

10. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

that's really funny, DoD.:D

11. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I just heard something on FoxNews that I found very interesting.

It seems as though we've been able to track Saddam pretty closely throughout the entire war. The communication system that Saddam and his sons used was purchased from Britain in the mid-80's. The Brits assured him that the encryption was unbreakable. However, they recently developed the technology where they could break the encryption. So, we have been able to follow Saddam pretty closely for some time now.

The final detail that led us to Saddam was the tape of him walking through the crowd that surfaced recently. Our experts were able use the visual information from the tape - landmarkes, smoke in the background - in conjunction with Saddam's communication system to pinpoint almost exactly where he was located.

12. cagey veteran

cagey veteran Member

I'm approaching this story with a healthy dose of skepticism for the time being, but I hope Saddam is gone forever.

13. davo

davo Contributing Member

If I'm Saddam, I would do everything possible to make everyone think I was dead. I'll wait for proof before I get too excited.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

now let me guess, Iraqi senior officials will claim that the Americans have been defeated and Bush has been removed from power.

15. RocksMillenium

Something interesting, I was watching Fox News, and they said that the leadership of the regime has been so decimated that even if Saddam Hussein survived there is no government left. Everybody he would give orders to is either dead or has ran.

16. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

So if Saddam is dead.....and his kids are dead......and his leaders are dead......then haven't we obtained the regime change we were after? Whats left for us to do?

17. RocksMillenium

The U.S. still has to smoke out pockets of resistances, and deal with Iraqi soldiers that either don't know or don't care that Saddam is dead.

18. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

The Guardian out of the UK has some good info

Bomber destroys house 'as Saddam meets sons'

Julian Borger in Washington and Rory McCarthy in Camp as-Sayliya, Qatar
    Tuesday April 8, 2003
    The Guardian

A US bomber struck and demolished a building in Baghdad where the Americans believed Saddam Hussein and his sons were meeting to discuss an escape route out of the city, it was reported last night.
    Acting on what they called three credible sources, including a listening device planted in the building, a single B-1 bomber dropped four bunker busting satellite guided bombs on the target.

According to the reports, a voice sounding like President Saddam's had been overheard discussing routes out of the city. The building was in the al-Mansour neighbourhood and the strike happened at 2pm Baghdad time.

A senior US official was quoted in US television news reports last night as declaring himself "confident" that the Iraqi leader and his sons Qusay and Uday had been in the building as it was struck.