1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBATV] Rockets Championship Clinchers Starting in 30 min!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AkeemTheDreem86, Sep 11, 2013.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We absolutely did not choke that game.

Anyone who saw it or saw it again on nbatv will see thst.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Like most of us.

You bring up a valid point, but I will always remember Ralph Sampson bricking the freethrow jumper, or Leavell losing the ball, and others just not closing the game (I am talking about the right game?). I don't remember the blown call as much as the Malone bear hug.

3. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

lol tracy murray sighting.. hes forever implanted in my mind waving to the crowd like they were cheering for him when they introduced clyde at the summit..

4. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Lol

Yeah you are. We should have won despite that crap. We blew it as a team.

5. AkeemTheDreem86

OLAJUWON FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

6. AkeemTheDreem86

7. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Lol

Yes it was. Great games.

8. jbasket

jbasket Member

If we talking about the series on the whole, my understanding/conclusion is that against Seattle, their illegal defence was bs. Against the Jazz, don't even want to get started. I still don't like Karl or the Thunder. But for this game specifically, it was the lack of execution and finishing that killed us.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

So you can't figure out with the two videos I posted of the Seattle game that i was talking about the Seattle game?

Am I the only one here who remembers this season and series?

I think I am.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

the 1992-1993 Season and why the Rockets didn't have home court.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/millennium_index.html

. (April 25, 1993) The Rockets needed to beat the Spurs to clinch the No. 2 seed in the 1993 Western Conference playoffs. They should have won, but a blown call gave them a 119-117 loss and home-court advantage for just the first round. The Rockets were leading 109-107 in the fourth quarter, when David Robinson tipped in a miss to send the game to overtime. Replays later showed the tip was after time had expired. In the 1993 Western Conference Semifinals, the Rockets lost 4-3 to the Seattle SuperSonics with the home team winning every game. Several Rockets players pointed to the San Antonio game as the inspiration for their 15-0 start to the 1993-94 season.

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yes, that was stupid. Can't win every year though, and if it lead to two chips, can't complain much either. In contemporary times, it would have been overturned and Rockets might of kicked the Bull's butt in the finals.

I don't think you are the oldest fan here :p

I knew what you were talking about. I didn't even have to watch the videos you posted because I already knew what the videos were about: the game was ingrained in my memory for all the wrong reasons. I didn't see the game replay today, so I was asking to make sure I had the details right for the game (it was about 25 years ago!).

They were crap calls, but you still cannot forget Ralph Sampson's terrible free-throw jumper that clanked, Leavell dribbling off his leg, and missed layups. Honestly, they should of let Hakeem break the triple teams (due to the illegal defence); that would have been a higher percentage shot because of his brilliance.

Edit: oh man, talking about different games. This is awkward.... I am talking about '87, they didn't showcase the 1992-1993 games today?

#71 jbasket, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  12. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Did anyone here catch NB90s volume 3 tonight? They mentioned both of the Rockets title games. And I say 'mentioned' because for the '94 one, they mostly focused on the Knicks side of things, while the Rockets got a 2 minute mention for their '95 championship.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

All the guest commentators were Knicks fans .
    Michael rappaport and fife dogg are big Knicks fans.

Then they spent too much time on the Knicks even though they lost.

1 person likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

even if you didn't watch the videos, they were clearly labeled 1993

15. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

But still man...they should always talk more about the champs.

Volume 1: Bad Boys and Jordan's 1st
    Volume 2: Bulls Titles 2 and 3
    Volume 3: Rockets Back-to-Back
    Volume 4: The GOAT team ever, Space Jam,and Chicago's duel with Utah (mention of 'The Dagger' by Stockton)
    Volume 5: End of the Jordan era; lockout and the rise of Duncan and the Spurs

That's how I thought it'd go.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

Sorry..... :grin: it's late!

17. tinman

Supporting Member

The 90s got so much disrespect . They won back to back titles.

So when suckers during the Yao tmac era get all whiny about the media , it makes me laugh. They never experienced disrespect from the media.
    To these fools when Barkley says we are going to lose in the first round, it's disrespect. Completely ignoring he was right.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Now that you figured this out, I'm telling the other dude that the 93 game 7 vs Seattle was not a choke.

Anyone who saw the game, including magic Johnson who commented on the clips , saw we got screwed by the ref.

We were on shot away from winning. That's not choking.

Overtime in a game 7 in the other teams arena is not choking.

The city of Houston knows what choking is.

19. jbasket

jbasket Member

100% agreed. Had a similar feeling to when the refs took Hakeem out of the game in the '86 finals with 2 quick BS fouls when he was going on a one-man wrecking crew against the Boston frontline. Obviously, this one had many more consequences and was more heartbreaking.