1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Timberwolves bowing out without a fight? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

EDDIE ARRESTED

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeg2003, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Timing

Timing Member

Yeah, maybe Mark Furman did it. Judge Ito set bail and Johnny Cochran will get him off.

2. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

hell yeah, i forgot about that

3. Smashingworth

Smashingworth Member

Can someone post a link to RichRocket NYC's remarks about Eddie? Supposedly, this guy wrote some inside info about the bad influences he's under. I want to read them, as I was the one who started the thread with the article about how hangs out with scumbags, and for some reason I can't use the search feature of the board.

4. AGBee

AGBee Member

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

okay... all jokes aside... this is pretty sad. i remember when the rockets used to sign players because of their the way that they carried themselves and talent. not just the latter.

sad, sad, sad...

carroll dawson what have you been doing, man? taylor, griffin, maddox,... what's next? are you going to trade yao and francis for rasheed?

pretty soon the rockets organization is going to have community service programs saying "reading is fundamental, but weeding is more FUN-damental... and makes you hungry".

pathetic. i disliked eddie anyway.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Isn't someone innocent until PROVEN guilty? Griffin hasn't been convicted of anything... yet. Maybe we should back off on some of the lynch mob mentality until he's finished with the court system one way or the other.

Having said that, if he WAS in fact tokin' up on his way home from the game he's shown a serious lack of judgement. The team has had enough distractions lately with Rudy's illness and their frequently dumb*** play. And I don't connect what Eddie ALLEGEDLY got caught doing with the wild inconsistancy of the Rocks. Also, like kidrock8 mentioned, this puts a serious hurt on some possible off season moves by the Rockets to improve the team that might or might not envolve Eddie.

Geez, will the rollercoaster never end? What a season. :confused:

7. AGBee

AGBee Member

BTW, is that Googs?

8. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Is it at all worthwhile to discuss the difference between 'arrest' and 'conviction'? I know that the one usually leads to the other, but to assume that the police are A) without error, B) without corruption, or C) not always assured of a conviction even when they are right might be jumping the gun a tad...I expect that he will plead/cut a deal, but doesn't the presumtion of innocence mean anything , not even a mild pause prior to unleashing the type of condemnation evident here?

9. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Everyone, everyone, it's not our Eddie, it's the actor!!!

So now we can all be rest assured.

What?!?!?! It really is our Eddie. Ahhh damnit!!!

10. OmegaSupreme

thanks, pgabriel :D

11. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

When was this?

Cause it wasn't the 90's . . . or the 80's.

12. coolpet

coolpet Member

if Yao got caught, he can blame it on collin pine :p

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Considering Eddie was showing significant improvement during his limited playing time, yesterday,(*) I hope that he doesnt let this setback affect his game in anyway but a positive one! Now that he has been exposed, he should be ever vigilant to establish a new image of himself on the Baskerball Court, in an effort to say that he has regretted putting the team in such a negative spotlight.
    (*) Eddie took and made a high jump shot! Its the first that I have seen.

14. ghost2003

ghost2003 Member

Hm... is the team moving to Seattle??;)

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

O/S:- There you go again! Negative comments only. Do you ever have positive feelings about the Rocks?

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are you sure this isn't Eddie Griffin the ACTOR? Those two tend to get confused a lot on this message board. I bet he's going on Jay Leno tomorrow, right?

17. joe hoang

joe hoang Member

if he had more playing time he woulld not have to be getting high

18. Yun

Yun Member

:mad: :mad: Aww... one more bad thing that the rocket need at this crucial time!!!

Eddie should stay away from drugs.

19. OmegaSupreme

puedlfor, correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't picture anybody on the rocket championship rosters having problems other than vernon. even he was gone shortly thereafter.

20. Sphere

Sphere Member

I wonder if the Rockets PR department is going to pull that "Join Something Big" camapign TV spot with Francis and Griffin hanging out with children at the Childrens Museum??

Doesn't look good having Griffin representing the Rockets playing with children and the fact that he is a dopehead!!!!

Just my 2 cents!!