1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DON'T CHANGE!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TCDREAM, Apr 7, 2003.

1. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

Is there anyone else or am I the only one that thinks there should be no coaching change (unless Rudy doesn't come back), no blockbuster trade. That this is just another year under our now houston rockets team for years. Hey they can only get better.

although i would love to get odom somehow.

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I think Rudy will be back...

However, Odom is overated and should not ever be in a Rox uni...

3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

ill second that emotion.

priority #1 is for rudy t to fully recover. #2 is i hope that he is our coach next year. #3-dont trade mobley! #4-dont trade mobley!
    any changes should be minimal (unless we can trade francis:) ). if we dont keep posey hopefully we can get odom over here.

all in all, id just assume keep the guys together and see what we can do next year.

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

and he might be suspended all the time cause he likes living the herbal life. i do too, but my job doesnt require drug testing...thankfully.

seems like if we keep posey than there is no need for odom. we also have to hope that bostjan can get off the bench and show us what we brought him here for.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No, but I wish I agreed. The West is too much stronger than Rox, and I don't see any team being less strong next season.

The Grizz, Sonics, and Warriors all appear to have promising upsides.

Even the Clips and Nugs promise to be competitive.

The Rox need to get -- better. Maybe EG can blossom over the summer, Yao become YaoZa over the summer, Stevie to wear The Franchise mantle all-the-way...or, some help needs to come from without.

6. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

on second thought maybe odom and mo-t shouldn't be on the same team.....them 2 would always get suspended

7. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

If it makes you feel any better..two of the five starters in the AllStar game from the West..were Rockets. Both years from their prime.
    Upside? no team has an upside like the Rockets..that why fans and commentators nationwide..expect the Rockets to be the future powerhouse from the west ..in a couple years.
    No change needed.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I wish you were correct, but I believe not.

Two All Stars? I love them both, but Yao as a starter? Not yet. Stevie? His video games help his totals. he clearly has not had the personal or team success of some other young guns, like Bibby, Bobby Jax, Parker, Nash...

I am bashing neither Stevie nor Yao, I just believe the upside is too far on the other side.

9. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

WHAT?

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I disagree. Big changes are needed. This team is not on the verge of a talent breakthrough, but, rather has major systemic problems. Read most posts on this board for details and documentation.

11. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

yeah, that's why i posted this thread.

12. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

I love this place ..but, the inmates mustnt run the asslym. Insane posts get far more play than ones that have details and documentation.
    Changes for this team would be counter productive..Yao, EG, and JP are new starters...along with Steve and Cat they have about 30 starts together..inexperience as a team is their problem. Changes only add to the instability that naturally comes with developing teams.