1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers/Mavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BlastOff, Apr 3, 2003.

1. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

What a great game so far. Van Ex doing steppin' up in Mike Finley's absence, Big Shaq looking like he is returning to form, and Horry....omg! Ah, the memories! :D

Here come the playoffs!!

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed that the Rox get in. (Just a little taste is all I'm asking for!)

2. AGBee

AGBee Member

When I see Horry throw down a dunk like that, I wish he was wearing pajamas :)

3. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

Tied game!

And Derek Fisher is scoring! :)

4. AGBee

AGBee Member

THREE offensive goaltends on Shaq alley oop attempts. Unbelievable.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

**** the Lakers.

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I am sick of cuban acting like alittle girl in the top my screen. Absolutely pathetic

7. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

He is quite an actor

:p

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The Mavs cannot beat good teams. They still need about another year before they are true contenders.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Mavs are in BIG trouble.

They have a ONE game lead on the Spurs and the Mavs still have to play the Lakers AGAIN and have to play AT San Antonio (Spurs lead series 2-1) on the final game of the regular season. If the Spurs win out and win the division then the Mavs go the #3 spot, potentially playing the LAKERS in the first round. The Mavs could be ousted EARLY in the playoffs in this scenario. The Mavs just can't match up to teams with dominant centers (especially physical ones).

Finley better get back soon. Forget resting him for the playoffs. If they have to play the Lakers in the first round...their playoffs will be very short.

If they can somehow keep the #1 seed then I see them going all the way to the western conference finals. BIG DIFFERENCE!

10. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

San Antonio is only 1 game behind! All the teams are very close to each other in the standings. If one team wins and a few lose, then it will move up.

Michael Finley is definitely a very valuable player. They need him.

And Don Nelson. I like how he got mad at the referees and got ejected. But too bad the ref made a good call. Dirk either likes to flop a lot...or he is very weak.

Lakers are still good! Even if they "play semigood, they can beat any team". - Shaq

11. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Even as a Mavs fan I agree that if they have to face the Lakers in the 1st round they are in serious trouble. There is some hope though even if the Spurs pass Dallas in the standings. The Jazz still hold a 1 game lead on the Lakers for the 6th seed so as long as they keep winning Dallas would be matched up with them in the 1st round instead of the Lakers.

LETS GO JAZZ!