1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are IN Baghdad!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sinohero, Apr 7, 2003.

1. sinohero

sinohero Member

Watching Fox... unreal....

The beginning of the end......

18 days.

2. sinohero

sinohero Member

3. sinohero

sinohero Member

4. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I love the soldier that is taking a shower in Saddam's personal bathroom. Suck on that Saddam.

5. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Oh neat, they're about to blow up one of his statues.

Can't wait for the countdown.....3.......2.....1......Goodbye!!!

Yo would think someone would want that, like for a museum or something. I do hope not too much is destroyed, even if it is Sadaam propaganda.

I hope one US soldier gets the bright idea to keep a poster or picture or soemthign of Sadaam instead of destryoing it. Imagine what he could get on ebay!!!

6. sinohero

sinohero Member

The Iraqi information minister is a walking SNL skit.

7. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

This Iraq info minister really is crazy. He is saying that American soldiers are comitting suicide at the walls of Baghdad and it is a clear victory for the Iraqis..... Dont worry guy, you wont have to worry about backing up your lies...

8. Timing

Timing Member

:D

The guy is saying we're not there as we blow stuff up in the city. Pretty hilarious.

9. sinohero

sinohero Member

I wonder what would happen if the Fox crew rolls to the Hotel where the press conference is.

10. treeman

treeman Member

Not really surprising...

The Iraqis have been telling their people for days that they have beaten back the allied assault and chased us back to Kuwait. Wonder what they're going to say now, since the Information Ministry is under allied control?

:D

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Man that Fox News guy is fantastic. That's the best interview/report I've seen since this started.

They really should go talk with the Info Minster.

12. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Regarding the Iraqi (dis)Information Minister, it's about time someone put a cap in his a$$; I really can't stand his smugness.

13. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

Chemical Ali's body has been found. This is turning out to be a very eventful night in this war.

14. treeman

treeman Member

Are they sure it's him?

Hm. Rot in hell, you piece of sh*t.

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

have we blown up that little structure with the street light rising above it that you always see from that one camera showing the city. i would love to know what that thing is. it's like the space needle or eiffel tower of baghdad.

16. treeman

treeman Member

Yep.

'Chemical Ali' Found Dead in Basra
    5 minutes ago

BASRA, Iraq - Ali Hassan al-Majid, dubbed "Chemical Ali" by opponents of the Iraqi regime for ordering a poison gas attack that killed thousands of Kurds, has been found dead, a British officer said Monday

Maj. Andrew Jackson of the 3rd Battalion Parachute Regiment told The Associated Press that his superiors had confirmed the death of the man who is also President Saddam Hussein's first cousin.

Jackson said the body was found along with that of his bodyguard and the head of Iraqi intelligence services in Basra.

Saddam had entrusted al-Majid with defense of southern Iraq against invading coalition forces.

One of the most brutal members of Saddam's inner circle, al-Majid, in his 50s, led a 1988 campaign against rebellious Kurds in northern Iraq in which whole villages were wiped out. An estimated 100,000 Kurds, mostly civilians, were killed.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...on_re_mi_ea/war_chemical_ali&cid=540&ncid=716

17. ewfd

ewfd Member

In a related story, I just "liberated" a turd from my rectum.

18. sinohero

sinohero Member

Still stunned.

This war has turned downright comical.

From the webcams, Iraqi taxis (something like that) are still running around doing business.

19. treeman

treeman Member

Well, this isn't exactly unexpected:

Iraq Spokesman Denies U.S. in Baghdad
    1 minute ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraq's information minister Monday denied U.S. troops had stormed Baghdad, declaring: "Be assured Baghdad is safe, secure and great."

"They are sick in their minds. They say they brought 65 tanks into center of city. I say to you this talk is not true. This is part of their sick mind," Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf said. "There is no presence of American infidels in the city of Baghdad at all."

Sahhaf, at a rooftop news conference amid a crowd of foreign reporters, said amid sirens and clouds of dusts that Saddam Hussein's forces had given invading coalition forces "poison and bitterness."

"Their forces committed suicide by the hundreds. ... The battle is very fierce and God made us victorious. The fighting continues," he said. "Yesterday, we slaughtered them and we will continue to slaughter them."

Sahhaf said coalition forces pushed one of the armored carriers and tanks into the city and "we killed most of them and we will get of rid of them soon. Baghdad will be their graveyard."

Reacting to reports that the U.N. Security Council was to meet Monday, he called on the United Nations to denounce the war "before the United Nations becomes a place for prostitution under the feet of the Americans."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...re_mi_ea/war_iraqi_spokesman&cid=540&ncid=716

This is getting comical. I wonder if someone should tell him that the entire friggen world is watching those Americans who aren't in Baghdad rolling with tanks right in front of his office?

20. sinohero

sinohero Member

A very good webcam of Baghdad

ps. Treeman, this is off topic, but why do Americans tape mirrors (some refleting material) on the front armor plate of M1A1 turrets?