1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are UFO's/Aliens Real?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BamBam, Sep 5, 2013.

?

Are UFO's/Aliens real?

1. Yes, UFO's/ Aliens are real

37 vote(s)
    62.7%
  2. Nope, I'm not drinking the kool-aid

15 vote(s)
    25.4%
  3. I don't know, maybe...maybe not

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Poll:1/3 of Americans believe in UFO's

I know the poll is a year old, but I just read it and thought it was interesting.

There are hundreds if not thousands of shows/movies that depict UFO and Alien life. I'm personally an agnostic
    concerning the UFO phenomena! I have never, nor do I know of anyone, who has personally experienced any type of UFO activity (seeing lights/communicating/abductions, etc).

I did the poll because I am curious to see if the views of CF resemble the views of the general population.

#1 BamBam, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Given the impossible-to-even-conceptualize vastness of the universe, it is naive to think we are the only intelligent beings in the universe. So in essence, I do think aliens exist. However, because of said vastness, it is statistically improbable that we will come in contact with any of them in our life time with our very limited understanding of physics and the feasibility of any kind of meaningful space travel.

3. droopy421

droopy421 Member

They have already landed and assimilated themselves into our society.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Boom goes the dynamite!...:grin:

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[HISTORY CHANNEL GUY PICTURE]

(I don't have one) :eek:

It would be EXTREMELY SELFISH to believe we're the only ones with "livable" conditions in the vast space.

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Yes there is life elsewhere in the Universe. Has it visited Earth? No proof as of yet. (Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Sagan)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. (Clarke) IMO even if we were visited, we wouldn't know it. Of course, the opposite of that thought would be that any life form advanced/smart enough to get to Earth would be predacious and at the top of it's food chain, as that's the easiest way to get energy for big brains. They might see us as quite inconsequential and the Earth as a nice spot. Who knows?

A question I've asked my friends is would you like to be alive if an alien race of some sort was to attack humanity and wipe us out, or die naturally before it happens. Almost all responses was to die before it happens which is odd to me as that would be the biggest event in human history and damn it would be epic to witness even though it would be the end. Hard to explain but it would be like reading a book and putting it down before the crazy, epic, "didn't see that coming" ending.

1 person likes this.
  7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

ToyCen?

8. smr6

smr6 Member

[​IMG]

9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Cleverly disguised 'have you been anally probed' thread.

1 person likes this.
  10. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

You would have to be ignorant not to believe they exist. We're such a small portion of this universe (.01%) , which we will never fully explore, and if there's an estimated 125 BILLION galaxies, and at least 300 that we've seen with a scope, how can you live and think that we're the ONLY signs of life out there?

Some people i know who don't believe in them are the ones who are just in denial or they're scared of their thought process if they did know for sure they did exist. So they debunk every kind of evidence there is of them.

11. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I would absolutely fight! We know how to beat them now... Didn't any of your friends watch Independence Day?

Anyway, I answered "I don't know". I would assume that there has to be more intelligent life somewhere, but I'm not one to think we have ever been visited.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects) are real, just not identified.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Have "aliens" ever visited our planet?

It is impossible to prove a negative. I will go with ... maybe yes, maybe no.

14. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

One can only hope they are real.

15. Greg8231984

Greg8231984 Member

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I miss ToyCen

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

there, fify.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

He's still here as Texastake or something like that.

I think aliens are real, just not sure if I think they've visited this planet.

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

carl sagan said this best

out of all of the claims out there, there has yet to be 0 actual concrete evidence to prove that alien life have "visited" earth.

Also the odds of them being equally as technologically advances is near equal to 0. The odds of them being super advanced but somehow not taking over Earth for resources is also near 0

20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

i like this post alot, sort of what I was going for.