1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shandon, Mo, and the future.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXRAN, Nov 19, 2000.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I hope yall realize both Shandon, and Mo will be approaching crossroads at the end of the season. I feel it in my bones. Our shooting guard can't(or isn't) scoring, and our power forward can't (or isn't) rebounding. This fact is an enormous anomoly for winning teams. I don't expect this fact to change, but can we really keep both and grow as a cohesive winning unit. I have my doubts. I guess we need to ponder if we can make it with a primarily defensive "SG" and a "PF" with above average offensive ability but abysmal rebounding effort...ON THE SAME TEAM for the future?...Or perhaps do we actually need both here long-term to succeed?

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

ROXRAN, you just gave me an idea.

Let's move Shandon to the PF, to get more rebounding and d from there.

And MO to shooting guard to be a pure scorer.

*sigh*

if it twas only that simple...

------------------
    There are 3 kinds of lies:

lies, lies, and heypeeisms.

-DrofDunkingDonuts

3. Thanos

Thanos Member

Unfortunately we can't do that Crisco. If we moved Mo to SG he wouldn't be getting the ball OR the minutes, since the majority of them would go to the second coming of Iverson, i mean, the ballhog, I mean Cuttino.

Oh, and his rebounding wouldn't improve one bit, either. [​IMG]

I'm really, really pissed about this Francis/Cuttino/Shandon situation.

------------------
    "I have posted so much that what I say must be true"

4. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

shandon can score but his role is to due the little things. The offense is not set at all around him. The only play I've seen run for him consistently is a baseline backpick from hakeem in whch shandon posts up. Shandon shoots when he's open and runs his lane like a greyhound. I think your taking the term "shooting" guard a little too literally.

------------------
    www.truebballfansite.homestead.com

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

T.P.L. - I realize what you are saying, but if he is getting a gooseegg, something is wrong.

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!