1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BOOCHIE -- 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AT, Nov 19, 2000.

1. AT

AT Member

Norris must go. Especially at crunch time. He was doing nothing for us at the end of the game tonight. Why isn't Shandon getting any minutes?

BOOCHIE!!!!

The hair thing is old and its time to evaluate this guy on his play:

1. He thinks he's the third option and he clearly isn't and shouldn't be.
    2. He is a BACKUP point guard in the NBA and thus should look pass 1st always.
    3. He is taking minutes away from what is arguably our best defender and hustle player.

Boochie needs some time on the pine for the good of the team.

------------------
    "That's two years, Two rings, and I'm thinkin' about going for another one...YEAH!!" --S. Cassel

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He's also the guy with clearly the best court vision on this team, and with the ability to penetrate and break the opposing defense down. He can play, and deserves time.

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier fan club!

Looking for next year's Jason Collier or Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

3. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Tonight Moochie was supposed to be in the game. He can create his own shot as well as get the ball to the right people. I could have sworn he had a least 4 points in the 4th quarter and handed out some assists.

As far as Shandon is concerned has anyone seen him in the last few games? He has totally disappeared. Cuttino needs to start and let Shandon come off the bench.

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

AT -
    I don't know what game your watching. During the Suns game, my girlfriend (who is on my crash course in how to watch NBA basketball) made an unsolicited comment on how well Moochie passes the ball and players move without the ball when he's playing.

I suggest the following remedy:
    1) Tape a Rockets game.
    2) Check your predjudices beforehand and review the tape.
    3) Observe (check that - enjoy) the many ways Moochie Norris contributes with his hell-bound uptempo mindset.

I appreciate Shandon's play, but he IS struggling. You have mentally fabricated that minutes for Mooch are detrimental to Shandon and ultimately the team. It's just NOT a reality.

------------------
    GATER

[This message has been edited by GATER (edited November 19, 2000).]

5. rock

rock Member

When Francis gets a little out of control (palming the ball, traveling), Moochie restores order. I know if you have watched any of the games, you would have noticed how Bill and Calvin always talk about how Moochie is a true point guard.

Besides, he is a lot better for our team than Bryce Drew.

Norris has a brilliant crossover and will not take ill advised three's. He is a great backup point guard.

------------------