1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

did anyone check out the moto x in person?

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Not yet but I do plan on going to na at&t store and checking one out. My girlfriend really likes it because we're on at&t and can obviously go through the custom route.,

I'm just worried it's going to be a phone that loses support in a year or whatnot.

As for me? I'm looking at a 1020 :cool:

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

AT&T has a display with a group of miniatures. See the "No swimming" sign? You can read it here and this is only the 5 MP shot, I don't have the 41 MP shot online:
    [​IMG]

The camera has a bit of a learning curve, but good god it's amazing at times.

4. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

yep. picked up a black one (texture is easier to grip that the white one). hardware won't blow you away. the back is fine, but the front is very meh (white and black).

i really am impressed with it how smooth everything runs. just a plain ol' slap in the face to snap's and sammy's quad/octo core. was skeptical about the whole "ok, google now", but it works and pretty damn well. definitely not a gimmick.

webos experiment went by the wayside. oh well... it'll be a collectors item and i'll pull it out every so often to geek out.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

i went yesterday and checked it out.

initial thoughts:
    it feels light and small in your hands

it's snappy! didn't pause once when i was opening/closing apps left and right. btw, the multitasking on android is more useful. apps from top to bottom makes more sense than cards spread out sideways.

the buttons didn't feel as loose as the online reviews said it would be. maybe the power button is slightly but not the volume.

camera seemed decent from the in store shots. little slow to focus i thought.

build quality is pretty good except the top piece and bottom piece were not full sealed on one small section.

If the price drops and it becomes available on verizon, I might have to get it off contract.

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Google Nexus 4 just took a nose drive in price.

199 for 8gb and 249 for 16gb OFF Contract. Definitely best bang for your buck phone.

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I bought a (barely) used Nexus 4 about 3-4 weeks ago too. :( I was kind of rushed into it though (I was trying to help out some family who needed a new phone). I knew there was a good chance of a price drop possibly coming soon.

It is a great phone IMO.

8. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Nexus 4 for $199 is definitely in the impulse buy price range. I'm really considering getting one to give Android a full run through before I decide to give up my iPhone, but I'm thinking it might be best to see what develops with the new Nexus.

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I love how Google did this right before the new iPhone releases.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Should have done it on the same day.

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

They should announce the Nexus 5 pricing that day!

12. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

I'm waiting for Galaxy note 3

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW! Thanks for the heads up. My GF needs a new phone, and so does my father.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Nexus 4 price drop almost made me pull the trigger, but it may indicate the Nexus 5 and KLP are relatively close. If the Nexus 5 is $299.00, has LTE and the camera is improved, it will be worth waiting on.

Don't disappoint me Google!

15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My 2011 iPhone 4S is still a great phone :eek:

16. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I wouldn't expect anything less from Google. I'm also probably going to upgrade to the N5. Hopefully the rumors are true and it is indeed Motorola built.

17. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

So, there's no way I can get a full days use out of my Galaxy S4...I was wondering if it would just be better to get an extra battery or to get one of those battery cases. Opinions?

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I've heard the Mophie Juice Pack is pretty nice. It's really up to you and what you prefer. Obviously with a case like this, you're going to add bulk to your phone. If you don't mind bulk that much, I would recommend the case since it would be more convenient. Otherwise, an extra battery isn't a bad option either.

19. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

No Micro SD slot.

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Dinosaur phone. I pray for your soul.