1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin says Houston Rockets coaches lost faith in him last season - ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragonwill, Aug 22, 2013.

1. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

Don't get baited by some media trying to create controversy by taking things out of context.
    I'll repost my post from the other thread.

=====================
    The whole thing is overblown.

Here is a young man giving a Christian testimony to 20000 young people about the importance of self-identity by opening up his own struggles and mistakes. As an example, he shared his own a mistake to get his self-identity wrapped up in the Linsanity hype which brought no joy and stress, even got his coaches to lose faith in him. But he finally listened to his God's voice to simply give his best so he managed to play better.

He encouraged young people not to make the same mistake that he did by wrapping up their self-identity in 3 things in the world (money, worldly success and human approval).

It's all good thing to encourage young people, right? He even opened up his mistakes.
    How did ESPN and other media turn this into "Jeremy Lin blaming coaches" or "How dare Jeremy Lin thought he was supposed to save Houston?"

The young man only tried to do a good thing but got twisted by the money-making media.
    And cursed by radio guys. No wonder there are not more of good guys in the media. Good news don't make enough money for the mainstream media.

(Here is a more accurate headline)
    Jeremy Lin Shares Struggles Behind 'Linsanity' Hype (Video)

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This is why athletes can't be candid. Lin didn't seem to blame anybody beyond himself.

1 person likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What controversy? Jeremy Lin won't make or break the Rockets this season.

4. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Fura saints

5. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

Controversy about reporting truth or lies to divide-and-conquer Lin fans and Houston fans. So yes I agree, it has nothing to do with Lin not making or breaking the Rockets' season.

I just don't like being lied to by the media so I thought there might be others feeling the same way.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lin fans won't believe it and Houston fans already dislike ESPN so I don't see it as anymore than TMZ like journalism.

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Don't understand why people don't like Lin. He's very capable and appears to be a likable guy. Shrug...

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I feel so extraordinary
    Something's got a hold on me
    I get this feeling I'm in motion
    A sudden sense of liberty
    The chances are we've gone too far
    You took my time and you took my money
    Now I fear you've left me standing
    In a world that's so demanding...

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You want it all but you can't have it
    It's in your face but you can't grab it

What is it?
    IT'S IT!
    What is it?
    IT'S IT!
    What is it?
    IT'S IT!
    What is it?
    IT'S IT!

10. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

ESPN troll article

11. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

It's been that way since he got to the NBA. In GSW, it was how he was only in the NBA cuz of the Asian fans he brings in in the Bay Area. How he only plays tenacious D and can't run an offense. It snowballed since and now a ton of people just hate him and say that they actually like him were it not for his fans. I think someone recently said that they like the guy and root for him to succeed but that he is an attention seeking game-w**** who is fake from head to toe! Lol. And now he's a pompous prickly I guess because he gave a testimony tonsharecjis mistakes last year in front of his fans and fellow Christians. Go figure. And of course it's the ones who DEFEND him that are idiotic not the ones who HATE on him. Anyways, forget JLin. Lets stop making new threads about him please cuz the hate towards him is really suffocating to wade through every day. Lets just talk about everyone but Jeremy until the season begins. That would be awesome, imo.

12. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I swear I know I'm getting too old cuz I used to have all the tapes or singles that you're always referencing. Lol.

13. coffeelover665

I don't like ESPN. It seems like it's more for casual fans and people who rarely watches sport. It feels like Reddit is the only reliable source of news nowadays

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

All right stop, Collaborate and listen
    Tinman is back with his brand new invention
    Something grabs a hold of him tightly
    Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
    Will it ever stop? Yo – he don't know
    Turn off the lights and he'll glow

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You could say I lost my faith in science and progress
    You could say I lost my belief in the holy church
    You could say I lost my sense of direction
    You could say all of this and worse but

If I ever lose my faith in you
    There'd be nothing left for me to do

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Over thinking killed the basketball player

18. CertifiedTroll

I lost faith in him after he had been strugling then air balled that buzzer beater vs miami by about 3 feet. That being said I have high hope for next season and feel his performance will improve.

19. conquistador#11

the title doesn't focus on the big picture, but the video is solid.

20. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

You and I know not to trust ESPN who sometimes stooped to TMZ-like journalism to with controversial headlines just to get more clicks.

But I am concerned with others who just believed in the lies in the misleading headlines and further divide the Lin fans and Houston fans here. Even worse, when more people perpetuate the lies, it might potentially create a distrust between coaches and Lin, or Morey who often lurks here.