1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe Rates The Rockets as Having the 8th Best NBA Team Name

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBird, Aug 20, 2013.

1. clutz

clutz Member

They should bring back Booster.

2. tested911

tested911 Member

Damn I think Turbo can still do it..

[​IMG]

Where old mascots go to thrive: The Houston Rockets' ex Turbo is still flipping elsewhere

Acrodunk.com

JERRY L. BURRELL (SIXFO)

As a graduate of Arizona State University with a degree in Business Marketing, Jerry was a member of the National Champion Men’s Gymnastics Team at ASU and later co-captain, Jerry also earned a National Championship individually in the floor exercise event. Having benefited from state of the art business training as a two time summer intern with Procter & Gamble while still in college, Jerry began considering how to create a business that would allow him to combine his passion for entertainment with his knack for inspiring others.

Jerry began his career in sales with Pepsi Bottling Group upon graduation and soon was offered an opportunity to tour with Kurt Thomas’ Gymnastics America and began his entertainment career. His experience on tour started his preparation for a career in entertainment and business. After touring and gaining valuable experience, Jerry received more business/sales training and challenge in successive jobs with Armstrong World Industries and the Pillsbury Company.

The opportunity of a lifetime presented itself when Jerry auditioned for the mascot position with the NBA Houston Rockets. Entertainment, Marketing, Community Relations, Sales, Budgeting, Public Speaking and more were all within this opportunity. Having earned the position, Jerry began transforming the way mascot characters entertain on the court and edutain in school assemblies. Soon after, Jerry began a touring team of his own while simultaneously carrying out his responsibilities to the Houston Rockets except he was no longer an employee. Jerry had evolved into a businessman with the Houston Rockets as his biggest client.

A consummate professional and 2 time Guinness World Record Holder, Jerry quickly began making impact on those who were being trained in the Impact U system. 10 performers who began their acrobatic slam dunking careers with Jerry’s company (Impact Entertainment, Inc.) have gone on to become performers with such notable organizations like the Harlem Globetrotters, Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors, Washington Wizards, Atlanta Hawks, Phoenix Suns and New Orleans Hornets. The legacy continues!

3. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Jazz are ahead of us? That's the most sleepy and dull name ever.

4. kissOFdeath95

kissOFdeath95 Member

The picture of the court he posted a link to wasnt even our most "polarizing" court. The one he posted was 97. The one we had in 96 was just down right insane and only lasted a year.

Someone please post picture of it....so i can day dream of how bad that year went when Seattle swept us in the second round....

5. Harden13

Harden13 Member

It would sound weird if the Jazz were the Salt Lake Lakers though lol.

The Jazz should give the name back to New Orleans because the Pelicans sounds like a NHL team.

6. Harden13

Harden13 Member

Turbo looks like Sonic the Hedgehog

7. Harden13

Harden13 Member

[​IMG]

8. SunsRocketsfan

Im blind

9. kissOFdeath95

kissOFdeath95 Member

Man...how did that make it passed so many descion makers??

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Jazz make no damn sense. Change it to the Mormons and I will give them credit.

11. DreamRoxCoogFan

It was the 90s. Things got out of hand.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Utah Jazz at #6 = invalid list.

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Rockets are #8? Why does Morey keep us on the mediocrity treadmill?

#33 Patience, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  14. meh

meh Contributing Member

This. New Orleans Jazz at that spot(or even higher) would be quite acceptable. But not Utah Jazz. That's just horrible.

I'm starting to question Zach Lowe's ability to write filler non-relevant offseason articles. :)

15. New Era Acolyte

San Antonio Spurs
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Miami Heat
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Boston Celtics
    Dallas Mavericks
    Houston Rockets
    Toronto Raptors
    Golden State Warriors
    Indiana Pacers
    Portland Trailblazers
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Detroit Pistons
    Utah Jazz
    Denver Nuggets
    Phoenix Suns
    Charlotte Hornets
    Chicago Bulls
    Sacramento Kings
    New York Knicks
    Orlando Magic
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Minnesota Timberwolves
    Brooklyn Nets
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Atlanta Hawks
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Washington Wizards
    New Orleans Pelicans

WTF Pelicans? This isn't girls' volleyball.

Season can't get here fast enough... /thread

16. smr6

smr6 Member

Don't worry. It's actually 3rd in the West!

17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I think he underrated the Rockets, overrated the Pistons. I'm actually cool with the Jazz ranking, I think Jazz is a quality name regardless of the city.

And whoa, I remember seeing Acrodunk on America's Got Talent a few years ago, I did not realize that was Turbo's crew at all.

18. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

You would think after signing Dwight we would get some more respect!

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

No it sounds like a stupid NBA name, Don't disrespect the NHL like that! They have the best names! You can't beat names like The Red Wings or Canadians!

20. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I hate the Thunder name and uniforms alike. Seriously, they went from being in a cool city like Seattle, with the best name and uniform to OKC, probably one of the most boring places I've ever been to, which I guess makes sense why the uniforms are so plain.