1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: Dream big, be yourself

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TTNN, Aug 18, 2013.

1. MichaelG281713

Ban him for what?

2. dayanm

dayanm Member

Calling a rox player wh*** on a rox fan site is tolerated?

3. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

So when Lin said, "I will always have haters," it was because of his fans? :rolleyes:

4. VeloCity

VeloCity Member

Of course. Freedom of speech, brother. Everyone is allowed to criticize any Rockets employee.. and owner for that matter. It would be that individual's opinion. Whether you agree with that opinion is strictly up to you.

When posters start calling each other names, imo that's when they deserve to be banned. Wh***, LOF, LOH, 2013er, 2012er, 2005er, 1969er... those are all derogatory terms to me.

5. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Attacking a Rox player's character is also frowned upon in this forum...

6. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Frankly as a lin supporter I am not hot on the video, it's potential fuel for critics down the road. But those post were obviously off the realms of critic debate. :confused:

7. rumelian

rumelian Member

I love this guy's character.He is so honest and open.

You can never find this kind of attitude in a NBA player.

8. rokit

rokit Member

isn't that the whole point? he doesn't care about that anymore, and never should've, it only made his life miserable.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Interesting. Thanks OP. We had all suspected that Lin was down on himself, and here he's confirming he was. Good of him to admit his shortcomings. That leads me to believe that he's likely to turn it around.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Don't know what forum you're talking about, Rox players get the most character criticism on this one.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking that myself, hopefully it means he'll have a much better season as his confidence isn't tied to achieving linsanity.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At some point you just have to let it go. If everyone responds to every troll you are basically giving them exactly what they want - which is to turn anything positive about Lin into a trainwreck of a thread.

Ignore them and they go away. Think of it as a test of your character vs theirs.

13. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

I enjoyed this, thanks OP. It's rare to see a pro athlete open up like this while they're still playing. Wouldn't mind seeing more athletes really tell us what's going on in their lives. I don't know how many people read Paul Shirey's blog, but it was an excellent look inside NBA life.

Also looks like Lin really grew up/learned a lot last year. 24 is still young. As fans we only think about athletes' ages in relation to their career arcs. I didn't know my ass from my elbow at 24 (my wife and many others would say I still don't!), can not imagine having that kind of fame, money and media scrutiny at 24. Regardless of how this improved self-awareness affects his game, I am happy for Lin as a person, but I also think it WILL definitely help his game.

Also, this talk strengthens my suspicion that Lin will become a pastor after he retires. And his church will be the biggest Asian church in America (maybe even biggest church period), this is not a joke.

It will be a HUGE church, jam-packed with Lin fans all rocking his jersey and watching Lin highlights on their smartphones before service starts! A veritable Heaven on Earth for LOF's or conversely a real Hell on Earth for LOH's!

14. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Can't agree with you more!

15. TTNN

TTNN Member

Well, that's the point, he would not let these affect what he would do anymore, since he will always have critics, and that is not what he could control.

How you look at a person, how you critics a person, really is a reflection of what kind a person you are, that is limited by each person's personality, their view, and their knowledge and experience. Jeremy is a normal person like you and me. He is 3D, not like a photo have only positive and negative two sides. You could have all kinds of angle to look at him. However, which angle one select as an overall conclusion of him, that part no one can control.

As a fan, I try to stick to his positive side, and try to be aware of his not so positive side, and appreciate him as a person, not a god. However, haters will try to stick to his negative side, and try to ignore his positive side. My understanding is that, Jeremy would not focus on how he would get fan's support, how he would convert his haters to supporters. He would do what he thinks is right.

16. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Does it matter? I would think that if he did not really mean it, that would be worse than if he really meant it. So, you are assuming he did not mean what he said? Well, if calling a Rockets player a "w****" doesn't get one banned, almost nothing will.

17. palcity

palcity Member

I think we might see a very solid Lin next season...and some linsanity performances. The numbers from the last couple months of last season might carry over to this season and should be even better with the addition of dwight. It should be favourable to Lin. Man....i never see someone who opens up so much... thumbs up for the testimony.

18. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

[​IMG]

Jocar, your stretching to create an issue that never existed. If you re-read the thread you'll understand why I'm not trying to lump all christians into the conversation. Plus I'm not trying to make it a religious conversation. Plus I don't recall a poster in this thread going off on a rant spewing hate about christians in New Guinea, Tibet, Venezuela, etc.

Your "Christians Forgive" statement is appreciated but is not relevant to the conversation. There has been a running dialogue against Jeremy Lin in this thread as well as these forums. I think you need to re-think your logic and re-examine it.

For example:

If someone was listing a bunch of lies about you. Then I told that someone.

I forgive you and Jocar forgives you. How in anyway do you make the stretchhhhhhhhhhhhhh and claim I equate you to Jesus Christ. Let alone Jeremy Lin. You are misunderstanding a simple truthful statement which I believe to be factual. Please review your logic and avoid creating a fake-religious issue when the text is as simple as it gets.

1 person likes this.
  19. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Sweet Lou drops wisdom without breaking a sweat.

20. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

This actually explains the stats after the all star game. Not feeling the pressure to perform like Linsanity helped his game a lot. Go Jeremy!