1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey will be doing an AMA on /r/NBA (Reddit)- 8/16/13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scionxa, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

How long is this? Is it over?

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Sorry, i'm late to the party. What is reddit and why does Morey use it so much? I know this has been answered before but i missed it.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Removed

#23 J.R., Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddit

I'm sure he uses it because it's probably the only channel he has in which he can engage with users in a civil matter. Clutchfans can't have nice things because people in the GARM would not know how to behave if Morey would even consider doing a Q & A on Clutchfans.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Nope. still going

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

[–]Rockets GM Daryl Morey!dmorey 11 points 7 minutes ago
    It is amazing to me that all the time I encounter people feeling negative about Jeremy's season with us. I have chalked this up to:
    -- he started off slow, mostly do to getting 100% back from injury
    -- very high, unrealistic expectations after his time in New York
    -- had a rough ending in the playoffs, again due to injury
    -- people generally remember starts & ends more than anything else
    -- people generally compare things to their expectations when forming opinions versus look at the big picture
    Last year was Jeremy's 1st full year in the league. Essentially his rookie year. If last season would have been his rookie year and he never would have played in New York, right now people would be appropriately talking about him incessantly as one of the top young rookie stars in the league. He was the starting point guard on a playoff team in West at age 24!!! Don't get me started on this. Too late...

interesting response about J Lin...

7. dje243

dje243 Member

"I think Terrence Jones is going to have a big year. Our PF spot is wide open right now and either he or Donatas have the talent to help us and a big opportunity."

We already knew this but GSmith not being seriously considered for the position.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Someone should ask Morey about a uniform change or a way if some new ideas can be submitted...would love for the Rockets to go back to the ketchup-mustard colors...

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

True, but it sucks that half the questions he answers are not really Rockets related

10. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

I'm sure a lot of people see Asik as a redundant piece but i think they will use this lineup if the matchups are in our favor. Gotta love the potential versatility of this roster.

With the paint clogged like that I would like to see brooks or canoon running the point over Lin and Bev because of better shooting. Harden running pick and roll with Howard will leave brooks/canoon and parsons/cisco with great looks. If the players can set their ego aside and do whats best for the team it could definitely work. Lebron has trouble against rim protecting bigs like Hibbert and defense is a difference maker in the playoffs.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not his department...he's repeated this a lot of times, so i don't think he wants to answer the question.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

So much for those ready to throw Jones off the team.

;)

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Off the team? I thought we were sending him to solitary confinement at a prison camp in North Korea? ;)

14. dje243

dje243 Member

"I think Omri is finally getting a chance to show how good he can be. Unless you are one of the very top players in the league, the NBA is mostly about skills matching roles. I don't think Omri has had a good role fit yet and I think his skills are significant. We shall see."

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Did you just use reddit and civility in the same sentence? Lol :grin:

16. Fighton

Fighton Member

in this day and age where everyone's an armchair GM, morey forgot to include what i think is the biggest reason - his 25mil/8mil yr contract.

if you look at his actual production 8 mil isn't too bad, but that takes some work and people don't like doing the work to actually look that up. they read the headline and goes "omg 25 mil?!"

1 person likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Do you ever secretly post on ClutchFans?

dmorey: No, just lurk

18. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

If you want to just skip to Morey's comments instead of working through the whole Reddit discussion page, go to this link and then click "context" under each entry to see each full comment by Morey and the preceding question that elicited the reply:

http://www.reddit.com/user/dmorey

You can hit refresh periodically to see if he's made new replies, with his most recent comments being at the top.

1 person likes this.
  19. Fighton

Fighton Member

"If you had to be the genital manager for another team in the league, which would it be?"

[–]Rockets GM Daryl Morey!dmorey 67 points 14 minutes ago

Really reddit? This question is at the top?"

this made me laugh. it's so dumb it made me laugh.