1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Video - " You've Changed Bro " - From Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ttdestroyer, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Bogeyfree

Bogeyfree Member

You've Changed Bro - 1,288,341 views
    Jeremy Lin Reloaded - 679,383 views
    The Last Pick - 2,235,336 views
    A Day in the Life: Game Day - 975,761 views

Just watched 'You've Changed Bro' about 5 minutes ago. Wow, the views increased like crazy!

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Unexpectedly humorous video

The views do pile up on celeb vids and with the viral Twitter links.

Youtube does have a new way of tabulating view counts. People used to artificially boost their youtube views.

From what I've seen and read, there is a 1-2 day delay now in displaying the "TRUE" views from the fake spam views. That vid probably got over 1 million yesterday and we're just seeing the number today.

3. recboil

recboil Member

unfortunately, a lot of asians actually are racist against other asians...not prejudice. All the maids in hong kong are philipino and are only let out on days off on either Saturday or Sunday where they flood the city. Many Chinese and esp Koreans have a deep seeded hate towards Japanese people for what they did and will spit on their graves. as an asian american from a highly educated family w/ parents originally from one of the most metropolitan asian cities, i know many people who would give me dog ***** as a wedding present if i married someone from the dirty south/southeast asia (aka. philipenese, vietname, indonesia, etc). asians from more developed countries like taiwan, south korea, and hong kong even look down on mainlaind chinese people (yao's ppl) cause they're less sophisticated and always cheating to make a buck. mainland china's known for putting chemicals in their toothpaste, powdered milk and recycling cooking oil just to save money at the expense of other peoples' health.

4. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

go away

5. recboil

recboil Member

just the honest truth. of course this doesn't apply to all asians but many, many. i don't want people to be misconstrued in thinking it's just prejudice since it's more PC. I studied this stuff and experience it , I know. i'll leave it at that.

6. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Everyone in my office was laughing so much watching this vid yesterday

Great sense of humor.....who knew

lol

7. PatBeverleyFan

Asians take advantage of other Asians like that huh? Lol. Scumbag ****. No offense to all Asians but to those that think they're life more important than others.

8. Fighton

Fighton Member

you mean like how 99'er look down on 2012'er? :) i kid, but really, no different from any other part of the world, all the way from grade school (jocks look down on nerds) to cities, to states, to countries. different races here in the u.s. look down on other races for different reasons - intelligence, athletic abilities, wealth, color, etc..

that's just how human beings are wired - we gravitate towards those that are similar to us, and look for reasons to look down on others that are not like ourselves.

and hispanic maids and nannies aren't treated any differently here then the filipinos in asia.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Most of the "deep-seated" hatred for Japanese people comes from you know constant imperialistic military invasions and you know the whole enslaving of Koreans and attempting to destroy culture, language, and their identity in the 1900s by the Japanese. Invasion of mainland China in WW2.

I don't have a hatred for them, never lived through those times. But I can certainly understand people who do.

10. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

More sweeping generalisations about Asians.

11. hltiki

hltiki Member

Ain't that the Mutha ****in truth

12. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

It is suprisingly prevalent, and part of it is there is no "political correctness" filter. There is a lot of "don't even bother talking to them, they are inbred and stupid" or "they are all idiots with low IQ." My brother worked in Korea for a long time, travelled all around asia. It was amazing to him how racist they would be in a very casual way. Especially the ones who did not know he spoke their language, but even the ones who were speaking to him in English would still come out with the most ridiculous things in respect of some other group in asia, whom he had just visited. And that group had been talking down the group he was visiting now.

13. recboil

recboil Member

sweeping generalizations? like i said, it doesn't apply to all asians but try reading the responses after my post and you'll see that people are either agreeing or have experienced this as well. lazy response

14. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

If your post is meant to say that Asians also discriminate against other Asians and non-Asians, I agree generally. People are the same. What's new? I am just questioning why you are bringing up this in a basketball forum? What you are saying is nothing new; in fact, what you are saying is that Asians, like other races, discriminate. Do you think Polish and Irish are not discriminated by other Europeans? People of all different races discriminate against each other based on religion, looks, wealth, etc.

My general belief is that all races are "racists" to some degree; it's a fact of life. I do take a strong objection though when people try to act or pass a law based on their "racist" attitudes. Most "racists" do not really believe (intellectually) their own "racist" beliefs.

15. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I traveled to many different parts of the U.S. and countries. Believe me, there are many parts of the US where they are just as "racists". Now, for me, I care less whether any people are "racists", as long as they don't try to act on their "racist" attitudes. Just two or three years ago at a shopping mall in Fairfax, VA, a young white guy around 20 years old who walked up to my mom and me (I am a middle-aged Asian guy) walking and started shouting "Ching, chong, wong, wong, etc" for no reason and thought it was funny and laughed with his girlfriend. I think he did this on a bet with his girlfriend that he could not do it. I was mortified for my mom who didn't understand what this crazy white guy was doing. Also, if I was alone and had a gun, my immediate reaction would have been to shoot this guy.

My point is this: I bet your brother didn't encounter any Asian person who acted like this. Believe me, Korea is very, very safe, and your brother will not get attacked while walking alone at night just because he looks different from the people living in Korea. I cannot say the same thing for some neighborhoods in the US.

16. eomor131

eomor131 Member

This is the best part of the video!!

17. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

As a side note, I had some Asian clients who decided to immigrate to the US instead of immigrating to Canada because they felt based on their experiences of having visited both countries that Canadians were more "racists". I always tell them "I don't think that's the case", but it's hard to change what people think once they experienced certain stuff.

18. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Bingo. I think very few Asian Americans have problems with other Asian ethnic groups except for the older generations that are still alive and are still holding on to hatred for bad deeds done to their families or villages during past wars in their birth countries. Younger Asian Americans probably know little about this "racism/hatred" because it's not usually taught in history class and/or their parents or grand parents weren't alive back then.

To be on topic:
    MsnNow http://now.msn.com/jeremy-lin-youve-changed-bro-video-spoofs-his-nba-fame featured the video and one of the viewer comments was
    lol

19. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

This video is everywhere. Even SI picked it up.

Lots of retweets too.....amazing. :cool:

20. Fighton

Fighton Member

LOL. if you think about it, this comment "just another dumb jock" says a lot about how far we've come in terms of race relations in this country, and actually in a good way. we still have a ways to go but it's a sign of progress when someone sees an asian NBA basketball player and the first thing that comes to mind is "just another dumb jock" as if he were javale mcgee.