1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Q&A with Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mr. 13 in 33, Aug 12, 2013.

1. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Yeah, I think in terms of personality I can't see anyone really disliking him. Seems like a truly nice guy.

2. s.b713

s.b713 Member

[​IMG]

LOL

3. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

I liked the pick and roll discussion in that interview

4. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

This does actually come from JLin detractors as well as JLin fans.

And you will note that it is fairly universal that saying bad things about yourself is not the same as having someone else say them about you. Saying "Lin looks like the Hunchback of Notre Dame" is not at all the same as Lin saying "I looked like the Hunchback of Notre Dame". Kinda like it is not the same thing when a jewish comedian makes a joke about jews than when someone else does. Doesn't mean you can't do it, but you better do it damn well or people will get on your ass.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe, but again, we dont know what this team is going to look like. We dont know if we're going to force feed Dwight the ball and have him average 25 and Harden "only" 20. We don't know if chandler gets featured more to try and solidify that third star. We don't know if we need Lin as a jump shooter only or if he needs to get things going.

It's just wayyyy too early for anyone, even Friedman, to know what role Lin will be asked to play. A lot of it will depend on the improvement/play of other guys. If DH starts picking up post moves better, then he won't need to be set up much, if at all. If Lin comes in with a much better left, more athletic, stronger, and a better J, then maybe they don't want to just make him a traditional point. If he doesn't, then they probably will. It's just too early.

6. Fighton

Fighton Member

at the very least, your starter do, or at least have a pretty good idea.

the point is, 1) according to lin, he still doesn't know whether or not he will be on the team and is reluctant to even think 2 months ahead, regardless of what is said by the GM in public. and 2) i think he's handling it pretty well, considering the uncertainty.

i'm willing to bet that harden, howard, parsons, and bev has a pretty good idea how they might contribute next year.

7. Wizardsonlyfan

i thought he would be more of a drogon ball z guy. oh well.

8. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Agree on this.

Right now, the only thing we know is H&H are the #1 offensive option because of their efficiency. Other than that, the roles each player plays are all mysterious until training camp starts and the coaches gets to see what each has to offer.

For all we know, we might even see Chandler playing posts (since he's building up his muscle mass).

9. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Bingo.

There are haters on this board whose sole agenda is to beat down any Lin fans. They are even more toxic than those blind Lin only fans - at least lin fans LOVE (they love Lin, and hence the Rockets).

1 person likes this.
  10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think JLin is going to be really good this season. Of everyone on the team I think he has a chance to exhibit the most improvement. I expect his trey to be money from day one.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If lin is traded, Bev is the likely starter. If lin is kept for most of the year, then he'll likely start. Seeing how either option can play out, how can Bev have a good idea of how he'll contribute? There is a large gap between back up and starter, as far as contribution is concerned. He's got to be ready for anything, nothing specific, as of now.

I would say Harden and DH are obvious, since they are the stars. The only role for them is as main contributors, which includes a lot of minutes, touches, etc. After those 2, no one can really be sure, not even Parsons. He's likely to be the third best player, but how will that be defined? Simply because he's the best role guy out of the rest or because he'll take a step up to semi-star status? No onek nows becaue we dont know what improvements he's made. Even he doesnt know how it'll play out, if his off season work was enough or how effective it'll be, until he actually plays games.

12. calmdowntime

calmdowntime Member

That's ridiculous, he just summed up what a lot of us were thinking, I myself was reflexively looking for a horrific and insensitive anti Lin post because it truly is what you see on pretty much every thread. His post wasn't looking for a battle either, it was more of a parody post.

And you never see moderators reply to those anti Lin posts saying "bad posters".

1 person likes this.
  13. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Clearly Lin's name was out there when Morey was trying to set things up to be able to clear room for Chris Paul if we were lucky enough to get him. That doesn't mean he is being shopped just to clear cap space.

This is what the players mean when the say "It's a business." Lin is hardly the first one to figure that out.

14. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Man, the tone of his responses seems to suggest he thinks he's on his way out.

15. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

he been training all summer...damn can he get some lax time...Howard is in China and you not roasting him...get over yourself bro

16. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

How do you read tone in text?

17. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

I liked this interview. Thanks Jason Friedman!

18. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Lin is going to be very good next season. He has shown flashes of being a very good point guard at times,

He has good size, and athleticism for the position and I feel like he can be better than the PGs he's replaced (Gogi and Lowry).

People seem to think he's hot trash even though they forget he's been forced to completely change his playstyle.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He got a reality check with all the trade rumors and change of direction the team took. He sounds more like a player who realized he can only control his own skills, not his role or team. He knows he will be ok, wherever he is, if he improves, that's his ticket now. He can't worry about improving to fit a role, he just has to get better. The high of Linsanity has almost completely worn down and he is getting older. Potential wont keep him on teams anymore.

20. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Very good interview. Thanks for posting. He has a great attitude about things....unlike some posters here.