1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What 90's Duo Would You Add To Roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PDJACK7, Aug 1, 2013.

?

What 90's Duo Would You Add To Roster?

Poll closed Aug 4, 2013.
  1. Olajuwon/Drexler

63 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Jordan/Pippen

66 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Stockton/Malone

32 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. "KJ" Johnson/Bakley

10 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Payton/Kemp

11 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Barkley and Brent Price... hahaha.

Ok there is some validity to this.

PF is our position of need, so Barkley fits and can stretch the floor (maybe not so much when he was older with the rox, but who cares?).

With Harden, we really don't need an elite playmaking PG like Stockton or Payton, but just a shooter to spot up next to howard and harden. Brent Price fits that bill.

NOTE: Payton would work in the sense that we really need perimeter defense that "the glove" could give us, but he wasn't considered a great jump shooter which is what you need next to H2H.

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I'm biased, but I really like Dream and Drexler.

Harden needs the ball in his hand to be effective, so he can play PG.

Dream can handle most of the offense, stick Dwight as the 4. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to score in the paint with those twin towers.

Jordan and Pippen would be solid, but Jordan used to need the ball like Harden (reason why they had Kerr, Ron Harper, etc, no real PG). + Dream's defense instantly would make us #1 defensive team in the league, and it wouldn't even be close.

3. k-money

k-money Member

Parker/Duncan would be pretty nice if we're going by actual position.

4. k-money

k-money Member

Never mind not 90s. BTW I know pipped played for us but can somebody tell me why we hate him?

5. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

That's fine. I'd take Worthy over Parsons at this point in Parson's career. With Magic, Worthy, Harden & DH, we would be able to plug just about any PF in the lineup & still be unbeatable.

I agree that Magic/Worthy were dominant in the 80's, but they were still going strong until Worthy hurt his ankle in the 90/91 playoffs & Magic got HIV. So technically, I believe I get to choose them as my 90's duo.:p :grin:

C: DH
    PF: Who gives a rip?
    SF: Worthy
    SG: Harden
    PG: Magic

6. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Because Barkley took a pay cut, and we paid Pippen all that money just for him to quit on us and ask for a trade at season's end. He was my favorite player outside of Rockets players until that happened. Not so much for him asking for a trade, but how he threw people under the bus and called Barkley out.

I did find myself rooting for him and Portland when they played Shaq and Kobe in the WCF.

2 people like this.
  7. txstate_texan

txstate_texan Member

8. 713

713 Member

Francis/Mobley

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd run Olajuwon/Drexler. The lineup would be

Howard
    Olajuwon
    Drexler
    Harden
    Lin

With the almost total lack of talented big men in the league, that lineup would simply crush any team they wen't up against.

10. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

Robert Horry & Sam Cassell

PG- Cassell
    SG- Harden
    SF- Parsons
    PF- Horry
    C- Howard

11. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

There's no changing positions for these guys. You have to place them in the position they mostly played. Olajuwon (C), Drexler (SG), which means they would replace Harden and Howard and those guys would no longer be on the team.

I know a lot of guys can play multiple positions, but I was trying to avoid everyone changing guys from their normal position.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You could argue that Hakeem would have made a better PF than center, the reason I put him there is because I think that's what position he'd be playing if he were playing today. As to Drexler, sure he technically played more SG, but he played a ton of SF in his career so it's not like I would be REALLY changing his position all that much.

13. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Not sure why anyone would pick Hakeem and Clyde, this is asking what you would ADD to the roster. I guess Hakeem can play the 4, but Drexler at the 2 would be redundant. Yes, both players were better than our current options, but you aren't replacing, you're adding. If you put aside your homerism, I'd go with a 4 and a 1, Malone and Stockton? Screw that. Kemp and Payton.

14. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Thank you. Someone that paid attention.

This was my thinking....Adding without subtracting. We keep Howard/Harden/Parsons and add PF and PG. I chose Malone and Stockton, because I thought their skill set would fit better with our bunch. But Payton and Kemp was a close second.

I guess I should have also mentioned that you could not change the guy's primary position.

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Brooks and Dunn!!! So since that wasn't a choice, I picked Jordan and Pippen. I love Hakeem more than Jordan, but basketball decision, I pick Batman and Robin.

16. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Looking at the poll, I guess the question should be "what would be the better team".

Olajuwon/Jones/Parsons/Drexler/Lin

vs

Howard/Jones/Pippen/Jordan/Lin

vs

Howard/Malone/Parsons/Harden/Stockton

vs

Howard/Kemp/Parsons/Harden/Payton

17. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

Lin
    Harden
    Jordan
    Pippen
    Howard

or

Jordan
    Harden
    Parson
    Pippen
    Howard

Jordan should be able to defend any PG currently. I don't foresee him having any trouble locking down any PG or staying with them.

18. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Can't change them from their primary position. They will replace the guy at their position. Jordan replaces Harden and Pippen replaces Parsons.

19. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

Lol you must be getting real tired of reminding people the rules. That said, I initially voted for Jordan and Pippen but that means that we'd lose a key player in Harden so Imma go with Payton and Kemp. That's still one of the GOAT teams.

20. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Jordan/Pippen. Harden can go to the 1 and Parsons can go to the 4.