1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones arrested in Portland for stomping on homeless man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Is there a video or something that I'm missing? Because otherwise, I'm pretty sure that no one has any idea what actually happened here.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this is bs, what he did was wrong but you can't really arrest a person for being a jerk.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

That's assault. You hit someone without any provocation is assault.He'll get a fine and the rest will be history.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is the accidental hit.

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You don't accidentaly stomp someone.

6. nobie

nobie Member

you can get arrested for being a jerk. You can get arrested for pretty much doing nothing.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Again the 'stomp' accusation has been corrected to 'kick', 'trip over'.
    It's a word game.
    You believe everything a headline says right, don't you?

If you are not willing to have sympathy, that's just fine with me.
    Just my 2 cents.
    I mean the homeless person who might be a drug user is saying he feels like crying 6-10 hours after the incident. (Interview)
    That is highly fake IMO when he can go around uninjured.

8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Wel if he gets found guilty of stomping a homeless individual is really low.A homeless individual has enough to worry about then some 6'9 giant stomping him.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Money solves everything. Real world.

10. craguin

craguin Member

Someone's Twitter conversation with the KATU news reporter covering the story says no video of the incident has surfaced yet:

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

since he was "stomped by a giant", what kind of injuries do you think the victim incurred?

12. bbc_nico5

bbc_nico5 Member

don't think this would be that big of a headline if it wasnt the offseason right now

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

The witness is a cop. This makes him a reputable witness. The homeless man also claims he was stomped. TJ is young and was out late at night with friends. These are the reasons you have posters presuming guilt. Is it possible this is some misunderstanding and that the cop did not see what he thought he saw and the homeless man is lying? sure.

#1053 tallanvor, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  14. Arthurprescott2

The court will take the cop's word as a credible witness. For TJones to rebut the cop's testimony, he better have a better argument than "I just nudged him."

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

howbout "how far were you when you saw me 'stomp' the victim", "was the victim laying down in the middle of the path where pedestrians walk", "how dark was it", "were you in front or behind or beside me", "can you reenact how I 'stomped' the victim", and lastly, "where's the injuries"?

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

Prosecution must prove guilt (not the other way around), reasonable doubt, etc...

17. i3artow i3aller

A reputable witness does not a cop make. I don't care how Magic Johnsonesque his peripheral may be. At the end of the day they are no more infallible than anyone else.

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Spiegel, reading this is like walking into a time zone and I'm back on page 5.:eek:

Anyway, replace these three words, stomp, scream & homeless with words like trip, yell & bum and tell me what kind of story you have.

19. Arthurprescott2

and those are standard questions, the answers to which the cop already had in mind and recorded properly in his police report. Any chump defense lawyer would think to ask those, but the cop will be properly prepared.

The prosecutor still wouldn't like to take it to trial because of TJones' profile and the lack of severe injury to the victim, but more likely than not, he's gonna push TJones to take a plea deal, giving TJones some community service.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Considering he A) hasn't been charged with assault and B) the word stomp isn't in the charge, your posts are pointless hypotheticals because it literally cannot happen.