1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's conditioning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets018, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This game has always been, and will always be, about buckets.

Also, how many MPG did he play last year? Yeh.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

If only he or his handlers could post a short clip of him training during the summer...

3. conquistador#11

if he wasn't so faaat? he would be able to tomahawk from the 3 point line like nba jam, instead we have to settle for a tomahawk facial from the circle. =(

4. Flops

Flops Member

I'm going to go ahead and leave this here...

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Logical-Argument

5. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Let's start the Harden's ball sucking right now!:grin:

6. Arthurprescott2

Huh? Where does this come from?

He's a bit pudgy by NBA standards but really from the looks of it that's just "weed" pudge; he looks fit aside from his belly - classic sign of weed pudge from munching after smoking.

7. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

You never become so good at anything being lazy.

Actually I'm sure he has worked harder than most of us have worked in our own careers.

8. needu7

needu7 Member

Are you on Crack

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Glue factory

10. Reach

Reach Member

I need to see more HD youtube workout videos before I can say he's a hard worker. His drastic statistical improvement every year he's been in the NBA doesn't cut it for me.

1 person likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

Harden doesn't have a shredded 6 pack but he's hardly fat

Have you seen the clips of him in the Drew League w/ Game? The Beard is in basketball shape.

12. hali

hali Member

???

He did played in Drew and show some monster dunk. He played in Rockets p which he organized, he did tweet "Gym" in 22nd.

He also took some long distance trip, the recent one to Philippines which looks more like NBA promotion trip. But there is no indication that he did not take any time to training or practice during those trip.

Did you just look at his picture and think you can see few extra fat added? He looks fit in recent pic from the Philippines trip.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

WTF... Is this now the dumbest thread that's hit CF or are we in for more gems like this coming up this year???

You do realize that James Harden was in the top 5 of minutes played in the entire NBA last year dont you???

http://espn.go.com/nba/seasonleaders

I have a feel this is not about his performance though... this is probably about what he looks like vs. what you see on the cover of Men's Health (which uses photoshop, and the athletes, actors, or models on the cover have days and weeks to drain their body of sodium, and dehydrate themselves beforehand).

Look... anyone that has trained a professional athlete before would tell you that there are different body types for different sports.

Basketball players dont freaking look like body-builders nor should they.

A basketball player (especially one that plays like Harden does) should have the body of an endurance athlete. Endurance athletes need a slight amount of fat on their body to burn for energy.

If Harden had 3% body fat, his muscles would actually tire faster during games, and throughout the stretch of the season... which could lead to injury.

So if you think that Harden should have the abs of Brad Pitt in FightClub I would tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about. Brad Pitt was trained to look good... not to endure an entire 82 + game season of endurance, injury, and peak performance.

14. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Just because you haven't seen off-season videos of him conditioning doesn't mean he that he isn't doing it.

15. logggur

logggur Member

Someone explained this a few "Harden is out of shape" threads ago. His posture causes his stomach to protrude a bit. It's called "anterior pelvic tilt". Basically, the back front of the hip is lower and the back of the hip is higher, resulting in the illusion of a bit of a gut.

If you're worried about how he looks on the court, go watch that video of him at the Drew League a few weeks ago. He's looking like early 2012-2013 James again.

16. logggur

logggur Member

*front of hip is lower, back is higher

need more coffee

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Spike lee needs to do a documentary work ethic video on Harden or it didn't happen

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not disagreein with you on the comment=**** part, but your points about body fat are not based on anything. There are plenty of BBall players and stars in other ball sports that have <5% body fat and are ripped to the fullest. You don't have any disadvantages with that.

1 person likes this.
  19. rocketshot10

rocketshot10 Member

What makes you say tht Kelvin Sampson has said many times how hard he works...like making 100 shots before warmups even begin

20. j3i

j3i Member

OP, Harden isn't ripped, but at least he ain't Carmelo.