1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Vs. Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hardenisaboss, Jul 25, 2013.

1. PatBeverleyFan

Westbrook. No debate needed here.
    /thread

2. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

In my opinion, I think Harden is better than Westbrook IMO. Sorry had to do it.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be sorry, Harden is obviously better than Westbrook, anyone who says otherwise is selling something.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I would take Harden.

Westbrook has really poor efficiency even as a 2nd option, so I highly doubt he would improve on that if you asked him to be the 1st option instead.

5. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

Harden can be stopped by a good 1-on-1 wing defender, while Westbrook can only be stopped by himself. From a defender's perspective, Westbrook is just more scary...

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, Westbrook is much more scary to his own team. The way to defend Westbrook is to encourage him to shoot his team out of the game, and he's always more than happy to do that.

7. Mr Exlax

Mr Exlax Member

IMO Westbrook is the better overall player, but I'll take Harden over him.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Hell no, Westbrook is not better than James Harden. Not even close.
    The only players that i'll take over James Harden any day is Kyrie Irving, Derrick Rose and maybe Stephen Curry. But James Harden >>> Westbrook No debate here.

9. youngduck

youngduck Member

harden is better.

10. landryfans

landryfans Member

it is easy, for superstar guard/wing, the general rule is that taller is better.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

LMAO the only reason WB is unguardable is because he's playing pg when he's really a SG. Instead of being guarded by guys like Tony Parker, Calderon and Irving, he should be a man and face the SG guards like Courtney Lee, Avery Johnson and Tony Allen on a nightly basis instead.

12. ikedog34

ikedog34 Member

Hard to win with a pg as a focal point. Plus we all saw what happened to Franchise's game once his athleticism went. I'll take harden over the next eight years. He makes his teammates better.

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Wow.... I wouldn't take any of those 3 ovr harden Westbrooks a much closer comparison. Kyri is nice and young but he's not gonna impact the game at his size more than harden ever. He can score but hardens better at it they both pass but hardens better at it. Plus ones 6'5 230 the others 6'1 180. The Irving one gets me the most I think he's great and gonna be the best pg in the game in 5 yrs. but elite wings are worth so much more then elite pgs.

Steph curry is good really good but he's injury prone and small plus will never be a good defender. The way curry played in the playoffs is as good as you'll ever see him play and it was very very good and fun to watch I just don't think it's sustainable. Plus once again hardens bigger but curry is equal in both categories of scoring and passing hardens to me is just a tougher player to defend because he's so big.

Now rose its more difficult he is a former MVP and is young had it not been for the acl tear I would say yes I might think about that deal. With that said I think hardens actually superior to rose in everything but defense and athletism and once again hardens alot bigger.

Now Westbrook is more difficult to judge he's closer in size to harden and is a freak of nature out on the court he's like lebron at the pg spot. I think hardens a better player skill wise but you can't deny Westbrooks physical gifts.

14. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I think Westbrook is a better overall player while Harden is the better offensive player. Having said that, I think Westbrook is a hell of a lot harder to stop on offense because of his blatant athleticism thus he carves up defenses like nothing.

15. SwellyExpress

SwellyExpress Member

numbers are similar but harden is waaay more efficient and a better scorer.

WB is great and will be the best pg in the west once cp3 gets older, but he takes a lot of shots. If KD is on your team and you are taking more shots than him... there might be a problem

16. arjun

arjun Member

i think with howard...harden is better for sure.

but if i was starting a team..i'd go with westbrook.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you'd rather start a team right now with a top 4 pg than a top 1 sg?

18. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

Lin > Westbrook

Therefore,

Harden > Westbrook