1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pistons to acquire Brandon Jennings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 30, 2013.

1. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

Good deal for both teams, both point guards need a fresh start.

2. BuffaloRockets

Yes exactly! And I think him and Parsons would be our third star by committee. He's a knockdown three point shooter and solid rebounder. He is atop my want list before the trade deadline.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So the Bucks obviously need a decent PG, I am wondering if they are willing to deal.

How about something like this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lmppswf

I love this trade. We get Gogi back, who I wish the Rockets would of kept and we get Ersan Illysova. The Suns send Marcus Morris to the Bucks (stretch PF to replace Ersan) and Rockets send Jeremy Lin to the Bucks. We send Omer Asik to the Suns. I know they have Gortat, but they could slide him over to the 4 and have a pretty awesome front court. You can throw some picks in there, but I think this could be a good trade for all teams (although it does tie us up to quite a significant amount of cap space over the next few years, but we get to keep our sophomores in this trade!).

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Just realized that the Bucks got Brandon Knight in this deal, I guess the trade is kind of meh now. :(

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

This move smells intensely of Dumars attempting to save his job. A hail Mary pass of a move. Maybe it will work out.

Good God. it just occurred to me that if Dumars is trying so hard to win next season could we get Drummond for Asik and a draft pick?

6. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Good trade for both teams.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sorry El Pigito but I don't even like Lin and I hate your trade. Gigi's contract is garbage and he older than Lin with and will cost more. Lin's upside is still better than Dragic's right now

8. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Does Knight start at PG or will they be in the market?

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Detroit is definitely a playoff team in the East and if nothing else it should be entertaining to see what they can do.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

I've never seen a basketball game played with that many, before, but I reckon it can happen.

11. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Milwaukee has a good team and should still be in the playoff hunt. They have some tradeable assets if they wanted a better level of player.

12. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Looks like a Win/Win to me. Maybe even favoring Detroit if there is a team option anywhere in the Jennings contract, and depending on how much longer you believe Knight's development will take.

Jennings/Billups
    Stuckey/Caldwell-Pope
    Smith/Singler/Mitchell
    Monroe/Villanueva/Mitchell
    Drummond/Monroe/Kravtsov

That's a team with a good balance of both young starting talent, & high upside talent to develop behind the starters.

Championship? Unlikely.
    15-20 win improvement? Probable.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hmmm.. It would actually be kind of interesting to see a multi-ball NBA game now that you mention it. Allstar weekend event?

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I definitely don't dislike Lin and feel he has good potential, but I feel Dragic is better player. I think he would fit great with our team. From a salary standpoint, I do agree with you, but at this point we are in win now mode and I think those are manageable contracts that can be moved.

15. hoopcity

hoopcity Member

They also signed this Luigi Datome guy who sounds like he could be good as well. Was the Italian League MVP last season, an award that Gallinari and Ginobli also won when they played over in Italy.

16. hoopcity

hoopcity Member

I think everyone has questions marks around the Pistons because no one yet knows who Dumars is building around.

17. NotChandlerParsons

No one...including Dumars.

18. Sanity2disChaos

Lmaolollmao! ! You are so spot on....

Jennings=nutcase in remission
    Smith=young talented nutcase

But you do have a good two in Monroe and Drummond.

It will be interesting for sure.

19. Sanity2disChaos

Fixed

20. Sanity2disChaos

Next thing you know Smith will be starting at the 3......Ha