1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets chasing Camby after expected buyout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Man that bench looks bad to me....Im sure they will do alright but i think to compete for a championship we need a legit scoring option off the bench.

2. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

No, they may still need a few more contracts. Roster size for pre-season is 20, not 15.

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Garcia's shooting is that legit scoring option, my friend. Asik and Bev's defense will shut down their respective positional opponents.

4. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

Between Lin, Harden, Parsons, Howard and Garcia, that should provide enough scoring throughout the course of the game, and Beverly has proven he is solid enough offensively. With Asik coming off the bench, our defense shouldn't fall apart when Howard is off the court.

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Teams hardly ever let the 2nd units run without any 1st units, except maybe during garbage time.

6. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

We shall see

7. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

I understand that but you have to have a good bench for the playoffs and I feel like the rockets bench is just ok..Could be wrong but we will see. Look at the Spurs and Heat they have really good benches.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

9. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

The heat won in 2012 with Shane Battier being their best bench player... The heat had absolutely no one who I would call a 'legit scoring option' off the bench.

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

True, but that's 15 fully guaranteed contracts. I think Covington is only guaranteed to $150k, and BJ may be the same.

I have a hard time believing the Rockets would just throw away $700-900K by signing someone else only to have to cut them before the season started.

11. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Can the ROX pay Calvin Murphy to coach them on free throws? It seems like it should be an easy thing to improve. I thought I read somewhere that Calvin would stay after practice and shoot free throws until he made 100 baskets.

12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Gary neal would be perfect

bench

Bev
    Neal
    Garcia
    Dmo
    Asik

thats like a really bad regular nba team lol

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Both Dwight Howard and Omer Asik seem to have too much anxiety at the line. It appears that making free throws has become a stressful part of the game that is no longer enjoyable.

The coaching staff need to take the stress out and make free throw shooting fun again: Make it a competition between Howard and Asik, whoever shoots a higher FT% gets to go home with Chandler Parsons.

14. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

That will induce more stress! Too much at stake!

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Source says of the 3 teams looking at free-agent center Marcus Camby (and vice versa) <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Heat&amp;src=hash">#Heat</a> showing less interest than Houston or Chicago.</p>&mdash; Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) <a href="https://twitter.com/christomasson/statuses/360891921071222784">July 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That seems encouraging. I could see the Heat being a draw, given South Beach, two straight rings and their notorious size deficiency. They worried me. Chicago? Eh, they might could offer a slightly easier path to bench playing time, but is that really the most important thing for a 39-year-old? They're not a legit contender (at least not to me) and they're not home. Unless they offer a lot more money, it should be Houston.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Young makes 16. 4 more spots left?

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Oops, forgot Covington. That's 17. 3 more spots open for the preseason.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You are trying way too hard.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=242247

19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

sounds like heat is locking up oden

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.csnnw.com/article/source-camby-meets-chicago-wants-coach