1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About The O.Casspi/R.William Free Agency Pick-Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jah, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jah

Jah Member

You're right but let's put this in the right perspective. If the objective here is to land a Superstar talent, Asik and Lin + fillers and picks will not cut it. Not even close. Lin would have to put up all-star numbers or close to it. Asik would have to be skilled on both ends of the court.

With that in mind, you'd have to take Asik or Lin and couple him with Parsons to get that "value" of quality production to entice a team to bait. Asik nor Lin, alone, will net us a Superstar player.

Now, if the goal is to get complimentary pieces around Harden and Howard then, you can get that with Asik and Lin however, Asik IS a complimentary piece to Howard. That's why I say, Parsons with Lin plus fillers will have to be the next tradable assets to get that Superstar 3rd max player. We simply don't have any other attractive pieces to offer.

And I fault Morey for going too heavy with acquisition of European talents when it is difficult to structure them as trade pieces for Superstar-level talents. Teams don't want that, and they know who the cream-of-the-crop players are in the NBA. DMO, Parsons, Asik and Lin is not exactly enticing for a team to give up their All-Star player. Their fans will burn their GM's house to the ground if they trade away an All-Star player for a package like that. Lol......just saying.

2. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Alright, I know you are trolling now, but I still have to answer. How many european talents do we have? What did we give up for them? Is their value today higher or lower than what we gave up for them?

Morey got us 2 superstars without ever getting a top 10 pick and without having a star level player on the team. He did this without having to give up any of our own first rounders. And we still have about the youngest team in the league.

It is hard to fault Morey with anything right now - but with european players? Nah, that`s just not possible. Not after we got guys like Scola and Beverly from europe - not with having Lull and Kostas Papanikolaou overseas, that might have a huge buyout, but both have tons of talent. If they never pan out, we haven`t given up anything for them (Royce White? 2nd rounders?) - but if they do, Morey got another steal.

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

As you've proven to us with this thread, GM's shouldn't care what ignorant fans think.

4. Jah

Jah Member

I understand what you are saying but you're looking at it wrong. Let me ask, how did we get Harden? Let's lay out the pieces:

Kevin Martin
    Jeremy Lamb

That right there is quality pieces that can land you a Superstar level talent. Why? K.Martin was a borderline Superstar with his numbers. J.Lamb was one of the better players in his draft class with good upside.

Now, let's say Morey had offered this:

DMO
    Lin

Thunders would say no. And if Presti had still did the trade, is the sort of crap that get your house burnt to the ground by the fans. Lol.

With Dwight Howard, he came because of Harden. You see? If we had no Harden, you can bet there would be no Howard with Red Nation. Harden makes that possible, bro. Not Parsons. Not Asik. Not DMO. And not Lin.

I want to remind again, we are talking about acquiring Superstar Players, okay? Harden was a Star player in our eyes and we had to give up our best players at the time and a promising rookie that was gonna be our future in Jeremy Lamb.

Now, fans don't like to hear this because facts can be stubborn things but the reality is set in stone: European players are hard to trade for the normal Superstar Players in the NBA. That's just a sobering fact for fanboys like you.

And it's the VERY reason why I get pissed off when we want to get Ryan freaking Anderson......too many European players! We hurt our chance to upgrade and go far as a team.

Look at Minnesota. Last season, they were a strong European team and failed to make the Playoffs and there was some good talent on their squad but not good enough. They learned the hard way which is why this summer, they get guys like K.Martin, C. Brewer ----- you see what they doing? They know they can't continue to build around Euro players. They're not that good against the better Superstars and star players that makes up the NBA.

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

[​IMG]

6. tzou88

tzou88 Member

First of all, Ryan Anderson isn't a European player, unless you think all white players in the NBA are European players.

Second of all, a bigger reason why Presti made the trade was because of the Toronto pick that had a good chance of being a lotto pick.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This isn't even somewhat about the Casspi/Williams deals anymore.

But, it is hilarious. Keep it up Jah. BTW, what was your CF username before Jah?

8. Jah

Jah Member

Check out his stats with the Rockets. He was our best player. A borderline Superstar. That was a FACT.

9. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Put the bong down and back slowly away. You have had way more than your share. Hell, you may have had the entire 4th Ward's share. Remember Jah, Crack Kills!!! Oh, 2K12 doesn't count as having played!!:grin:

10. LikeMike

No, you are looking at it wrong. We got Harden in one year and Howard in the next - basically without giving up anything really valuable. Martin was a borderline ALL-Star, Lamb was promising and a guaranteed lottery pick is nice - but we lucked out.

Howard came because of Harden.

Nobody in their right sense of mind can expect us to really have superstar worthy assets left, after what we did with our team in just 10 months. Yet we still have Lin, Asik, Parsons and all our first rounders. Those european players are just a bonus - nobody expects Mores to trade them for superstars. He got them without giving up anything important.

Usually you can`t trade for superstars - and of course you can`t trade unproven european players for superstars. We lucked out with Harden.

Morey didn`t mess anything up - he did the greatest turnaround maybe in the history of sports.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Uh, Ryan Anderson is from Cali.

12. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Jah ba da hut

Stop! Just Stop! ROFL Your Killing me!! LOL

You should charge money for this.

13. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

Now I think I understand what you meant when you said "Better learn who I am."
    You're Razsan aren't you?!? :eek:

14. Jah

Jah Member

Okay dude, if that's how you see it, so be it. I'm standing on the grounds what actually happened, alright? We got Harden by trading Martin and Lamb. Those are the facts. Nothing about luck, bro.

And my point was that, you need (dare I say it) BLACK TALENTS to acquire other BLACK SUPERSTAR TALENTS. That's just the way it is. You will not trade Parsons, Asik, Lin and get LMA. This goes back to my point about Morey going overboard bringing in European players. It's too many, and they're HARD to move as trade pieces. Again, those are FACTS.

I use the term "European" to show respect to that stock of people. I could have said "White boys" but that would have been offensive in the context that I'm explaining this to you so, when I say Europeans, I mean White players of European descent the same as Black players would be of African-American descent.

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I give you 48 hours until your banned starting.......

NOW

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

So white boys have no trade value, yet Parsons will be next to go? LOL.

17. LikeMike

I know those facts - I just said even with a package like that you need to be lucky (timing, have another team being so close to lux tax, etc.). You hardly ever see a superstar being traded.

So, when you say european you mean white people? An you accuse others of being racist? I don`t think many GMs consider skin color when choosing their team. Guys like Nowitzki (who actually is european) or Bird (who is not) or Stockton (who is not either) are legit hall of famers - if any of them were to be traded in their prime, you can bet that they would get you a superstar in return.

18. Jah

Jah Member

Yes, exactly. We'd have to do a 3 team trade to net Portland more attractive pieces WITH Parsons included.

19. Jah

Jah Member

Look man, if you gonna misconstrue my comments, don't bother to ask me any more questions, dude. Those advocating for Ryan Anderson and Parsons to stay, are not looking at basketball reasons but rather, an "identity-base" on the team.

Did you know Ryan Anderson doesn't like playing with Howard? So, why would certain fans continue to push for that trade?

Did you know certain fans rather keep Parsons are a Superstar talent like LMA? C'mon now, that's unreal from a fanbase to turn down a chance to get arguably the best stretch 4 PF in the game.

And Notwitzki, Bird and Stockton are exceptions. That's why they never been traded from their long-tenured teams.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=242263

# of times each person posted in this thread as of the time I checked:

Total Posts: 219

Username/# of Posts

Jah/53
    REEKO_HTOWN/7
    kevC/5
    justtxyank/4
    LikeMike/4
    Crutch City/4
    KlutchQT/4

I don't think it's a good sign that a discussion is going anywhere when one guy has posted 7.57 times (and counting) as many times as the next closest person in it.

May be time for a moderator to close this thread, particularly since nobody is talking about the actual topic of the thread anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.