1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden visits the Philippines

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxBeliever, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Philippines I'm here!!!!!! I'm back like I never left. It's going to be an exciting few days. With my brothers <a href="https://twitter.com/Rjayrolln">@Rjayrolln</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/Ghowell11">@Ghowell11</a></p>&mdash; James Harden (@JHarden13) <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13/statuses/360582671220477955">July 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Check out who's he with (@Ghowell11)

[​IMG]

Wonder what they'll be doing?

2. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

lol...

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

James Harden recalls his streetball roots as where it all began.

He also believes HOU will have 'home-court advantage' when they play IND in October, as there are more Pinoy Rockets fans than Pacer fans.

http://www.rappler.com/sports/philippines/34806-want-to-be-like-james-harden-work-hard

It's Harden's second time in the Philippines, returning after playing in an exhibition game with fellow NBA stars in 2011 and sharing that he is excited to be back in this basketball-crazy country.

"The fan base is amazing here in the Philippines," he said. "Last time we went here, the crowd was unbelievable."

Harden expects the same treatment this time and especially on October 10, when his Rockets take on Eastern Conference finalist Indiana in the NBA Global Games.

"Definitely we'll have the home court edge here," he candidly said, eliciting a positive response from the audience. "Because you love the Rockets more than the Pacers."

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

James Harden, currently on a promotional tour in the Philippines, left adoring fans in utter dismay. Some filipino fans who won in a sponsored James Harden meet & greet contest are complaining about James' attitude towards them. Apparently, a member of the media accidentally spilled water on Harden's iphone during the meet and greet/autograph signing and James lost his temper and took it out on the fans who won the contest by ignoring them and claiming that Harden even took back the signatured basketballs that were supposed to be given to them as prizes.

Here's one of the contest winners tweeting about the unfortunate incident:

"@KFCPhilippines: CONGRATS @honasantino @akosipops @mikmik2k4 @jeanbuendia @yjbn21 and @JerrickRose18 for winning #KFCTweetandMeet DAY 5! Check your DM. "

"@yjbn21: Thank you @KFCPhilippines Dream really do come true #JamesHardenInManila"

"@yjbn21: Supposedly my Best Day ever turns into Nightmare. I'm Disappointed #KFCTweetandMeet"

"@JoeySVillar: Someone in the interview area spilled water straight into James Harden's I-phone that soured his mood. Clumsy!"

"@yjbn21: @JoeySVillar Actually it turned the worst for us. We met james harden but his attitude is so soured at the meet & greet yesterday. #Worstday"

It looks like the fan just deleted his account as i'm currently copy/pasting his tweets but a member of the Philippine media confirmed about the phone incident.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Someone in the interview area spilled water straight into James Harden's I-phone that soured his mood. Clumsy!</p>&mdash; Joey Villar (@JoeySVillar) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeySVillar/statuses/360297500902563841">July 25, 2013</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. SachaShakur

SachaShakur Member

Yeah, it seems to be true.
    I read it as well and asked what happened...

here's the answer:

@yjbn21 @SchmitSacha He reacted to us in a unprofessional way during the meet/greet It's not the fans fault like us if his iphone got spilled H2O

would be nice to hear the other side of the story as well!

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a millionaire what is an Iphone to him?

There is more to that story

7. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

lol comedy of errors

8. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Clumsy Filipinos...I'm one of em too but thats still no excuse for James to be rude to them honestly. It's not their fault that one journalist was being a complete moron lol

9. WNBA

WNBA Member

Harden was there not for the fans clearly.

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

Iphone got all his contacts and apps as well.

11. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Harden didn't credit the pilots for landing the plane or the people of the Philippines for existing? That's bush league right there.

12. rokit

rokit Member

lmao that Ghowell11 dude said Drake is the GOAT

13. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Come on, I'd be pissed too if I was in Harden's shoes. It's not the price of the iphone that mattered, it's the fact that he's going to literally have to re-enter every single stripper's contact back into that crummy thing. How multiple entries of girls named Diamond and Angel do you think he's going to have to redo? That's a huge pain in the ass.

Also, the pictures must be irreplaceable.

14. akxninja

akxninja Member

icloud, he needs to learn of it if he hasn't already, he could just purchase one there right away and reupp his stuff, that or I'm sure he has a laptop with all the stuff saved on itunes. And worse come to worse, there's plenty of rice in the Philippines, soak that sucker right up.

15. Arthurprescott2

yup this. do ppl actually lose phone data these days? everything is cloud-backup; whether it is android or iphone, you shouldn't lose data at all.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Not really. He's in the Philippines, so getting a new functioning iPhone might not be that easy, plus he can't tweet or instagram out any pictures during the event. It's also a pain in the ass to retrieve contacts and pictures. He shouldn't have allowed it to sour his mood that much, but I think he's justified in being annoyed.

17. itstheyear3030

C'mon man, it's the Philippines, not Somalia. It's one of the fastest growing countries in E. Asia. He'll have absolutely zero trouble finding a replacement.

18. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It is still not that simple, especially if he had an iPhone 5. LTE bands are a lot more unique and an iPhone 5 purchased overseas may not function correctly when he is back stateside. If he was not using iCloud or backing up his iPhone, situation becomes even worse.

20. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Videos of him in the Philippines.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rg2ptqNDH8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hv3lKmTSfME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LZilXsn-6wM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>