1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

About The O.Casspi/R.William Free Agency Pick-Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jah, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FD_II

FD_II Member

Can somebody please find Ja Rule so OP can make sense of all this.

1 person likes this.
  2. Oracle

Oracle Member

I have hard time to understand the logic in this thread. First from the hard facts point of view. When you hit the cap you hit a brick wall. Your freedom of operations is down to trades, but trades in which the contract money can be matched. Monta Ellis was a free agent = out of the equation. Morey was extremely clever. When he hit the cap with Howard, he immediately skimmed the market of its best free agents ready to play for minimum contract (for a potential contender team). Keep in mind, in a team having Harden and Howard you only need role players. You don't want anything else.

From the BB point of view, in a team having Harden and Howard, the last thing you want is Monta Ellis. Monta Ellis is a poor mans Kobe Bryant. Some years a go even a very poor mans Kobe. You don't want to bring Dwight to another Kobe experience!

Sure, Monta can score. That, however, is not the issue here. The Rockets are already one of the highest scoring teams in the NBA. Therefore, only players like Casspi and Williams can make that better. If they shoot their 3-pointers over 33% (and they will), their contribution to the final score will be greater than anything Monta can do.

So, Casspi and Williams do not eat the Rockets cap, they together cost 1/5 of what Monta costs and their team scoring value is higher than what Monta can produce. Not much of a question for a GM.

3. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

Trying to squeeze political sentiments into a supposed basketball/free agency/best lineup scenario thread and your multiple replies are the only embarrassing thing here.

The second lineup is obviously better, but again, as you proved with the OP, you have no understanding of the cap and CBA. That lineup is next to impossible to put together without giving away 6 1st rounders and the entire bench, plus parsons almost certainly, which altogether would mortgage the Rockets' very bright future, both as far as trade assets and flexibility to make beneficial roster moves.

The first lineup I'm sure Minnesota would like, and almost certainly Minnesota homers are the only ones who would actually yearn for such a lineup.

Quit showin' your ass man!!!!! People are embarrassed for you since you don't seem to have the good sense to be embarrassed for yourself.

4. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

That is insulting.

Nothing he posts is worthy of being associated with the English language.

5. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Garcia should do nicely generally speaking and he should do even better than last year due to our new team makeup. I think Ellis will really hurt the mav's and would have hurt the Rockets even more. Loads of 35% shots just takes the ball away from our higher percentage guys who all generally speaking should benefit from howard down low. Ironically Howard just came from a situation with the Lakers with a high volume shooter in Kobe and he actually hits at a good percentage. Imagine how annoyed the team would be with Ellis jacking up 4 29% three's per game like last year. Just my additional .02c on ellis.

6. Oracle

Oracle Member

I agree with SuperKev. The Cavs Kyrie Irving is also a high volume shooter, but he has great all around shooting stats. Still he can't make his team win. You need to be a LeBron or KD level of impact player to contribute with that kind of play. Melo comes close to have that kind of impact, but I would not include him as one. Monta Ellis is not even on the same page.

7. tzou88

tzou88 Member

8. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Look bro, I was just tying to help you out because you went all bleeding vagina in a post about people coming at you in waves. If you wouldn't have gone postal after a few people gave you a hard time about a legit f-up on your part, none of this would've happened. A big part of being a MAN is owning when you're wrong and taking your lumps like a MAN and not whining like a little b****.

And you sir, is the definition of stubborn ignorance. Pride is a great quality, but only when accompanied by an even greater sense of humility. Pride alone can be self-devastating. Good for you that you "hold your own", I'd be surprised if anyone else wanted to hold it for you.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jah

Jah Member

Those racists fanboys are all over this site. That's exactly what I'm seeing here at Cluthfans.com. They advocate keeping Parsons over LMA ----I'lll never understand that logic. They'd advocate trading for Kevin Love when this undersize PF has zero defense, and to put this guy next to Howard would frustrate Howard on the defensive end to the point he'd look for his next team after a year with the Rockets.

They also rather have Ryan Anderson who run as if he's cripple and doesn't play a lick of defense. Not to mention, R.Anderson doesn't like Howard and to Howard, the feelings is mutual.

Another thing about these fans, they complain about J.Harden using "I" when speaking about his skillset and the addition of Howard but have no issue with Parsons comparing himself as a "3rd Superstar," a glue guy, the most important player on the Rockets and blah, blah, blah.

You contrast guys here with regular NBA fans in how the racist Rockets fanboys see DMO as a better player/talent over T.Jones but among NBA fans, DMO is a soft, Euro-scrub who need more than D-League training. Yet, the fringe element of Rockets fans see DMO as potential to be the next Dirk or Bird.

I'm done with this thread. Maybe the Mods will lock it up or delete it (I'm cool with it either way). I just want to reach out to the "greater Rockets fanbase" and make your voice heard kore when fringe fans come out of the woodworks pushing these "identity-base" starting five. Their agenda is obvious and quite racist but try to hide it by pointing out skillsets that may compliment Howard when in actually, it complimemts their Racist Agenda for a strong White-boy team.

Jah has spoken!

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

So what exactly does one have to do to get banned btw?

11. Jah

Jah Member

......the TRUTH just hurt, huh? However, I'm done with this thread (smile). You can have it, bro.

(out)

12. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Jah = Quanell X. I was wondering when you said "they don't know who I am"...just don't hold up traffic on 288 again protesting, aight.

I hate that there are racist people in the world too. I grew up in Houston. I've been the only white kid on the block. Working in bars all my life, I've had people insinuate I was racist when they were drunk and acting an ass & I had to ask them to leave. Some of my best friends in life are black & hispanic. Ive kicked people out of my house for racist comments & had my ass kicked for sticking up for a black kid i didnt even know who was getting harassed by some redneck kids. Not everything revolves around race. People play that card way too often, to benefit their own agenda. Not saying it doesn't exist, just that it has no place in a basketball forum.

For the record, I think people prefer love to lma because he has a better outside shot & is a better rebounder. Also think if Parsons were traded for LeBron (who is black), the only people on here complaining would be women. I don't recall any masses saying they wanted us to go after a white c instead of howard, but maybe that's because dwight sounds like white...right?

13. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Jah I think casting aspersions of racism on the site is crossing the line. Clearly your plan was to literally ride the titanic all the way to the bottom. I have seen little evidence of racists here and for you to throw that out there with the statement "Those racists fanboys are all over this site." is is both unfounded, truly unfortunate and certainly has no place here. Hopefully the thread gets locked up at this point.

14. Jah

Jah Member

You right race has no place in this forum but when a segment of the Rockets fans pushing for trade for K.Love and Aldridge while keeping Parsons, Asik and DMO.......it's obvious what's the mindset with those minds.

To go further, I would keep Asik because he has a real skillset that actually compliment Howard, AND the team, but if you sit there and try to explain to me why keeping Parsons is better than acquiring LMA, would be an insult to my intelligence.

Parsons' skills can TOTALLY be replaced and then some. I'd keep Parsons if there is no Dwight Howard....that's a fit. However, we got Howard now. If we get another max player, Parsons is, unfortunately, expendable. The odd man out.

How?

As I explained on another thread, 90% of the offense will go through the Big 3. The SF spot would not be a position of a "greater need." We only need a spot-up shooter and can play defense. Parsons was suppose to be a Kobe-Lockdown-Defender (yeah, whatever) but since he's been giving the greenlight to score at will, he thinks he's a Superstar player now when his skillset does not show that.

He hasn't made one player better. He can't create for himself. He feed off the defense that target Harden. Fans mistake that as Parsons being more than he really is but Parsons is really just a good role player. Nothing more or less.

He's not untouchable. His stock can net us an upgrade, not as a centerpiece of trade but coupled with other assets. And that what's good about having him as a tradable assets. The time is ripe to flip him. His stock is as high as it will get, and with a chance to get LMA, you have to understand LMA is a superior talent to Parsons. Agree???

Last thing, LMA is a better all-around player than Love. Aldridge can play both ends of the floor. I don't know what you mean by Love having "a better outside shot." LMA hasna better mid-range shot and that's whatnwe need. He has a better post-play and that's another skill that compliment Howard and the team.We don't need a PF taking 3s with you have Harden and a PG thwt do that. You also have your SF too. So, at the 4 spot, we need that to be post-point through and through.

15. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

With parsons, I think there's more to it than that. LMA is a far superior talent, no doubt. But parsons comes on the cheap for at least another year, I would argue that dollar for dollar he gives you more than LMA. He was a big part of getting Dwight to come here, as it seems. Do you want to trade him now & risk setting a bad tone with your new super star? I think the fanbase here is reluctant to get rid of the "perfect role player" to form a big 3 after moving all of our role players to get Barkley, essentially ending our back to back run (I could just be speaking for myself here). As for LMAs mid-range game, I think morey has been clear that he wants a "rims & 3s" style of offense & that the post option in his offense would be better suited as a 5, not a 4, they want a floor spacer. I see howard working with dream & mchale & his post game getting a lot better. Still think you're letting the race card blind your objectivity. Just my very non-race driven opinion. You did make some valid points in your last post, credit where credit is due.

16. Oracle

Oracle Member

Jah, with all do respect. First, racism has no place here and nowhere else. Period.

The star players of the Rockets are Harden and Howard. Not because they are black, but because they are stellar players. Parsons is not popular because he is white. He came out of nowhere and posted fantastic stats. He was also essential in bringing Howard to the Rockets. Why would he not be popular? Casspi as a Jew is far from being protected from racism.

I never really liked Kevin Love that much but some people do. I think it is only because what they see in his game and what I fail to see. I'm all for bringing over LMA if there is a possibility. However, I'm far from being convinced that it will be only positive. LMA is a star at Harden and Howard level (at least almost). For that kind of talent working together needs true chemistry. If one of them gets unhappy, the team starts to suffer.

I think Morey will want to take a look at the team performing until the trade deadline at how the chemistry in the team falls in place and that will guide him to focus at the right trades. Dwight Howard is unique. You have to introduce him to the team alone, not together with LMA.

As you see, I want LMA and not Kevin Love, but this is not the time to rush things. The Rockets look absolutely great at the moment. So lets have a little patience right now.

17. Jah

Jah Member

Im glad you mentioned the part that he was a big help to get Howard. I hear that one a lot. The question: what did he do?? Per reports, by Parsons himself, he simply answered Howard's questions about the team. Harden could have done that.....even Beverly.

Per reports, a reporter asked Howard what specifically did Parsons say to convince him. Howard couldn't pinpoint anything Parsons said that convinced him. Which bring me to the conclusion about it: Howard convinced himself. The Rockets organization as a whole, sold it to him. Howard went to the mountains and.....

Behold! Howard was in oneness with nature and made a decision. Thus he came down from the Mountain with a stone tablet. And in it, written: Houston Rockets. So, it came to pass in those days that Howard left forth from the Mountain to see the King in the West and thus saith Howard to the King...

"I cometh to sayeth good-bye. I will be a Houston Rockets."

.......and that concludes the end of that. And let no man change the wordings of that event lest a curse sprang up from the midst thereof, and spite thee. Amen.

Anyway.....as far as trading Parsons and looking bad as an organization. You have understand this is business. Parsons understands that as well. Granted, I don't think Morey will trade him now but if the situation becomes urgent for a 3rd max player, what other pieces do we have to entice teams to bait on our trade proposal? Parsons is that piece, man. Asik is here to stay so long as Howard demands it so he's off limit.

As far as Morey wanting "rims and 3s"......he got that with the bench and more. Aldridge is a true stretch 4 type, dude. He can play inside and outside. He makes TOO MUCH SENSE to be a Rockets.

18. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

Ban this TROLL

19. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

a PART OF ME FEEL YOUR PAIN. BTW I get my right token and been ban 3 times for being BLACK!!! True story bro :grin:

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I thought you said you were out and left this thread?

By the way you are coming across very racist, but we all know white men can't play ball, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.