1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin fans: Why the opposition to 6th man?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LelWestbrick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

Why oppose this idea:

-Beverly is not a general type of player.
    -Harden excels at scoring. Don't force him to have to think about passing.
    -Jeremy Lin is our second best PnR.
    -Beverly is doing an amazing job coming off the bench. (The unexpected knee-wrecker)

2. calmdowntime

calmdowntime Member

I liked bev and Lin together a lot, maybe harden should be 6th man

After all he is a pure score with worst defense of the three and we need to establish Dwight early. He can still play 35min a game, why does he have to start

3. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

why the hate on Harden dude, I understand people are hating on Lin but in response you are going to hate on other Rockets players to fulfill your agenda?

4. calmdowntime

calmdowntime Member

How exactly is anything I said hate, first of all it was sarcastic secondly it wasn't hateful to begin with. But it's interesting that you reveal that you think this threa is hateful towards Lin

5. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

yea it is, he is not a sixth man. this is pretty hateful towards Lin. he may or may not be a good sixth man but pushing him to the bench will only ruin his confidence even more after the playoffs. we can't have two disgruntled people on the team. this is coming from a Harden and Rocket fan :rolleyes:

6. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

maybe I was a little out of line there, I apologize

7. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Harden, Beverley, Brooks, Canaan, and Lin... with so many combinations and options to try, it'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out after training camp and the preseason. My only hope is that all the guards go into training camp healthy, hungry, and ready to stake their claim.

8. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

how about this one. lin should play with howard. their games are absolutely complimentary.

-lin needs a good pick and someone to lob the ball to.
    -howard needs someone to give up the ball to him.
    -harden is too good to be passing dwight the ball all the time.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I would rather Harden run the PnR with Howard. Harden is a much bigger scoring threat. Lin is a better passer (not much better though IMO) and defender (no challenge there from Harden), but Harden is a MUCH better scorer/threat and a pretty good passer.

10. SuperManRocketz

why hate on JLin? this season if JLin dont be a pg and always have harden holding the ball thanks to the coach...they need to trade JLin plain and simple.he shouldnt be downgraded to the sixth man...JLin is more effective with the ball in hands...

11. SuperManRocketz

of course he is a scorer just look at all the shoots he take and compared it to jlin..

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That's because he's a much better player

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He takes a lot more shots because he is a LOT better player. Harden is a star. Lin is an average PG.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

This is why I love LOFs, for nuggets like this.

Premise: Well, Harden decided to defer to Durant and Westbrook as starters in order to come off the bench. Manu decided to defer to Parker and Duncan as starters to come off the bench.

Conclusion: Obviously, it would make sense that Harden should come off the bench in order to cater to keep Jeremy Lin in the starting lineup.

You know what? If Jeremy Lin plays like Tony Parker next season? I will start a thread calling for Harden to come off the bench.

15. Ultimate6thMan

Lin is NOT a 6th man and Bev is not ready to be a starter....end of discussion! :grin:

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I think I need some Tylenol.

17. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

For all you 6th man' advocates, go back to see his Knicks games and see how Lin made Chandler an offensive force. Too bad Asik can't catch and can't dunk in traffic. Imagine Lin feeding the ball the Howard, it will be unstoppable.

To put him with second unit is ridiculous. It only serve the purpose to make LOH happy.

18. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

The Harden/Dwight vs Kobe/Dwight combo. Whats the difference?

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

I also went back and saw Lin being one of the best iso players in the NBA, hitting jumpshots in iso situations at a rate that ranks among the best in the entire league.

Wasn't the entire argument last year for Lin's lack of production being that Harden has screwed him as the rightful ball-dominating PG that he was in NY? This seems to remedy that issue perfectly.

20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

I see the point, it might be best for him, but I would like his minutes to be more than BEV, and that he gets to be in rotation with Dwight. Although Asik was improving on his catching and dunking towards the end of the season, either that or they started feeding him balls higher. Asik obviously lacks the offensive punch to run with Lin.