1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chromecast and League Pass: Possible CSN workaround?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Illegal Machine, Jul 24, 2013.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

I went to their site and couldn't find a regional map anywhere? Any more specifics?

2. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

I plug my laptop to tv via hdmi. Hit full screen on my league pass and done. Not sure why I would need this if I just plug this in. For the purpose it was brought up its illogical. If u want to show of the other features then that's a diff story but quoting u have a laptop and calling this he workaround is a bit of false advertisement.

Some of u said u don't want to deal with moving laptop near tv to plug well my question to you is why do u want ur laptop with you on ur couch? Does this enable u to beam league pass and still use the laptop? I only ask because if u trying to watch full screen I would think ur laptop could not be used during the game. If u can use laptop while beaming full screen then yeah cool toy. But if u beam and can't use the laptop then I see no point. For those with pcs only then it's great!

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

East Texas? No need to look at any maps. You can get league pass without blackouts.

East Texas is in no way shape or form considered a regional Rockets area. You're good :)

1 person likes this.
  4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thanks so much.

5. Illegal Machine

...?

Isn't Houston IN East Texas?

6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I just read an Article saying CSN Houston could possibly be filing Bankruptcy, per a Houston Rocket source!

7. Illegal Machine

*sigh*

1) It's as much a workaround as plugging in an HDMI.

2) Not everyone has laptops. Not everyone has a laptop with HDMI. You could technically use your PC (my PC is in my office on WiFi) and share your Chrome tab with your Chromecast.

3) As I understand it, you are casting that tab. So you could just...open another tab and continue to use your browser/laptop while the game is streaming to your TV.

4) THIS ISN'T EVEN OUT YET. So OBVIOUSLY some of this is subject to change. I'd love to report back when I get mine in a few days.

5) I never professed that this is the only way to get something on your computer on your TV. It's just the newest, and possibly the easiest method for a very low price.

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

How is this a "solution"? Paying $35 for something you could already do for free with a simple HDMI or VGA cable? WTF? This changes nothing that wasn't already available to you as far as watching the games goes. And it only runs from Chrome, so on those occasions such as last year when a Chrome update caused LPBB to run laggy for a week and I had to use IE, I'd be screwed (Well, if I was crazy enough to pay for Chromecast in the first place and ignored other, more convenient options).

9. Illegal Machine

That sucks. It's a great channel.

10. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

can someone recommend me a reliable and easy-to-use VPN service? I am not computer savvy so I am willing to pay extra for a simple and reliable service

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

chromecast will actually be really useful for me, i'll be able to use it in hotel rooms and ****, lol

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I imagine the Rockets probably feel the Astros are costing them money, the Astros region includes San Antonio etc (you can see why the Rockets don't feel that is particularly necessary to them...)

13. Illegal Machine

I guess I'll just start copy and pasting this...

14. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Your response on number 3 save the thread. Good thread.

15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

16. Illegal Machine

Honestly, if it's a 20 year deal....I'm got faith my teams will be very good over the next 20 years. I think ATT and DirecTV should PAY UP.

This isn't Milwaukee or Sacramento.

Just my opinion, though. I hate Comcast for the record (which is why we have Uverse). Just really poor timing.

17. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

18. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

19. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Dude. Go to a store, any store, and check the prices on a 20 foot HDMI cable and VGA cable and get back to us on just how "expensive" this wireless dongle is.

Chromecast can stream wirelessly from any android phone, iphone, ipad, android tablet, laptop, or computer (whether PC or Mac.) You have HDMI jacks on all of those?

Any family member or buddy can sit down and if they want to show you a cool video, just pull it up on their phone, watch it on TV. Oh, $35... what a waste. [/sarcasm]

1 person likes this.
  20. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

By the way, I haven't seen this mentioned- when you buy the Chromecast you get 3 months of Netflix free, even if you're already a subscriber, which pushes the total cost under $20.

1 person likes this.