1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

I had heard that as well. Of course the purpose of all this hullabaloo was to gin up turn out among Obama's base. Ironic that they apparently fragged one of their own, but as Rahm Emanuel said - "Never let a crisis go to waste."

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

President Obama himself warned people that this is unlikely to go anywhere and the FBI already cleared Zimmerman of any racial bias. Yet you think they are doing this because they genuinely think there is something there? Why would Obama say an investigation was unlikely to produce results if he thinks it will? :confused:

3. Granville

Granville Member

Freestyling or flow, it's still not a musical performance. It's posers rhyming to prerecorded crap music. If you want to call it art, go ahead.

4. Granville

Granville Member

Whoop de ****. Mr spelling bee guy. I was typing from an iphone and didn't go back to correct what was autocorrect or a typo.

I'd say your weak jabs and juvenile dick slapping threats make you an impulsive jackass who can't help himself when slightly agitated. Yeah those Rappers are sticklers for spelling.:rolleyes:

5. Granville

Granville Member

I wasn't born in the 50's.

I'm sure at Comets games you were all in to gyrating your hips on that big ass wallet in your back pocket. You know the one that came with a 3 foot chain hooked to your belt.

6. Granville

Granville Member

No he made you look like a fool, again.

7. Granville

Granville Member

Zimmerman is the chad that the Democratic Party left hanging.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I heard from a few sources that he also mentored black children and even took a sista to his high school prom

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Wow, someone's a might bit sensitive, eh? You basically insulted an entire genre of music, some of which I like, so I insulted you because, quite frankly, Granny, your insults are incorrect and therefore dumb. If you can't handle a debate, maybe it's best that you don't say anything.

10. dandorotik

Sista? Racist.

11. Granville

Granville Member

Id over you the same advice. LOL at you thinking anyone should give a **** if you feel insulted over my opinion of Rap.

12. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Race baiter? Yes you are.

13. Granville

Granville Member

http://polipundit.com/?p=37124
    Every Sunday, according to his family, Zimmerman would stroll through Sanford’s black neighborhoods handing out the fliers demanding justice for Sherman Ware, and calling for the police to hold their own officials accountable. Zimmerman would also place the fliers on people’s cars outside churches.

“I challenge you to stand together and to have our voices heard, and to hold accountable all of those officers, and officials whom let this atrocious attack pass unpunished until the media revealed it,” one of the fliers reads in part. “This animal could have attacked anyone of us, our children or loved ones in his alcohol fueled rage.”

The officers whom Zimmerman targeted for accountability in the Sherman Ware incident were all cleared by the Seminole County Sheriff’s investigation, despite Zimmerman’s repeated accusations that police gave kid-glove treatment to a white officer’s son who beat a defenseless, homeless black man.

But 14 months later, at least two of the same officers investigated the shooting death of Trayvon Martin — and cleared Zimmerman — even though his voice was the loudest calling for their punishment in the Ware case.

One of those officers was Timothy Smith. According to a police incident report from the scene of the Feb. 26 shooting, Officer Smith handcuffed Zimmerman and transported him to the police station. Another was Sergeant Anthony Raimondo, who was on scene with Smith and other local officers.

14. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Which ones?

Oh, nevermind. Just realized you weren't referring to anyone specifically, but rather indicting a large group based on a collection of anecdotes and stereotypes.

15. Granville

Granville Member

No, I don't think anyone but nerds like Dandorotik care about spelling errors on the internet.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

please. not racist at all

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep pretty much, he's not doing anything new.

I'm not the one calling it art, factually it is art whether you want to think so or not. The 'crap' music is your opinion...it being art or not is not sorry to say.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Funny thing, rappers understand grammar better than most...because it's actually part of what they do.

Well the great ones might as well major in English.

19. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Grammar is a popular out for people backed into the proverbial corner. Only I was taking offense to the suggestion that rap or freestyle was synonymous with bad grammar. The majority of performers SUCK, regardless of genre. That great rappers are few & far between shouldn't surprise anyone.

You can tell the difference between the rappers who manipulate grammar, and those who have a developed understanding of it. Immortal Technique immediately comes to mind for me. Also, Earl Sweatshirt is way beyond his years. Though his father is a poet so I guess that shouldn't surprise.

20. dandorotik

That is typical of mental midgets like Granville. The more ignorant you are, the more you tend to stereotype because it's just easier to do. Of course something like Nas' Illmatic or The Beastie Boys' License to Ill are music. You can argue that there's much more musicality in a song like Life's a B**ch than the Ramones' Blitzkrieg Bop with its same 3 chords playing over and over (and L.A.B features Nas' dad on saxophone- yes, Granville, you ignorant a**, some rap music DOES include instrumentation). But you won't convince these idiots otherwise- just like you couldn't convince many adults back in the 50s that rock and roll wasn't garbage.