1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Make Offer to Mike Miller?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, Jul 21, 2013.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Got a response from Skolnick (seemingly the most plugged in media guy with Miller):

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/BenDuBose">@BenDuBose</a> the longer it goes, the better for Houston, I think.</p>&mdash; Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/statuses/360073412477071360">July 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He had previously predicted OKC, but appears something happened and he now has the frontrunners as Memphis and Houston. Still leaning to Grizzlies, but sounds like the less we hear, the better for our chances.

2. The Cat

Yes, we wouldn't dare want to give minutes to a guy who just played a key role on a championship team. We have to make room for a guy who couldn't even stay in the rotation for the Bobcats. :rolleyes:

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I just have one question......is it happening??

4. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

suchhhhh a slow process...man its taking almost as long to sell miller as it did howard.

Just sign already

5. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Mike Miller at his best might have knocked Parsons out of the starting lineup. As it is, he's still significantly better than Garcia and the minimums.

6. cdain3

cdain3 Member

[​IMG]

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Agree completely. Garcia, it seems, is very overrated in the GARM. He's a guy who was struggling to get bench minutes on one of the worst teams in the NBA. He's a mediocre offensive player whose only real talent is knocking down open threes. His defense is all right, but he's not a shut down defender or anything.

Garcia has his uses, but Miller is a MUCH better offensive player, and he's not really that much of a downgrade from Garcia on D.

Anyway, I think having both would be very good for this team. The main reason our perimeter defense was such a sieve last season, IMO, is that Harden and Parsons were getting too many minutes and shouldering too much of the load on offense. Adding Miller would help lower their minutes and allow us to ask less of them on offense, which should in turn give them more energy to contribute on the defensive end.

8. thejav

thejav Member

So why do we need this injury prone bum? Seems to me that we have enough 3 point shooters...

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm ridin and dyin with Morey's decisions.

10. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Fun fact - the last time Mike Miller played in all 82 games of the regular season was his rookie year.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Parson, miller, Casspi, Williams, Garcia, that's too much morey. Spread the 3 pt shooting around like go get Neal.

12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

we only need him for the finall 28 ; )

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I like guys with size that are career 40% 3-pt shooters and know how to play smart basketball. we can definitely find a valuable role for Miller on this team. i don't expect him to be what he was 4 years ago, and i don't expect him to stay healthy all year, but even a half a year of the sharp-shooting Mike Miller will benefit this team dramatically. Surrounding Dwight and Harden with shooters makes too much sense. Mike Miller is a damn good shooter.

14. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

All teams are only offering him the minimum, right? If so, he'd essentially choose the team that has the best chance to win, and if it is between MEM and HOU, then he has to choose Houston by default. But there must be other factors...

15. The Cat

He still owns a home in Memphis and his family apparently loved living there. That's what we're up against.

16. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

No such thing! Plus, keeping him away from Memphis or OKC is also a bonus.

17. The Cat

Because when you can upgrade one of your rotation spots from a guy that couldn't get regular PT on the Bobcats to a guy that played key roles in each of the past two NBA Finals, it's probably a good move.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

That sounds like propoganda to me. Sure he may have enjoyed it there, but if his priority is getting back to the championship, whatever attraction the city of Memphis holds won't count for much.

Carlos Beltran wanted to stay in Houston.....

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Pretty much my feeling. If Miller wants to get back to the finals, Houston is a better bet than Memphis I feel. I actually feel Memphis might be on the way down. (just slightly). They seemed like they were on a good run last year but now they have a new coach. I am skeptical they will be able to have as good a run this year.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Memphis is a damn good team and would guarantee him a rotation spot (if not a starting spot), which I seriously doubt we would do. He already has 2 rings and loves the city. I don't think it'd be that crazy for him to think Memphis is a better spot for him.