1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Harden and Howard want Asik and Lin to stay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 13, 2013.

1. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

lol maybe their camp doesn't want rondo, because his offensive impact is severely overrated..and he's arguably the worst shooting pg in the nba, which is a bad fit next to dwight? and don't bring up guys like tony parker not being able to shoot 3's. rondo can't shoot from anywhere. he's an awful finisher, he's an awful mid range shooter, and he's beyond horrible from behind the arc. his inability to shoot would greatly hinder this team, and he's arguably the worst fit in the nba. his "playmaking" has resulted in bottom 5 offenses for the celtics every year. i'd much rather have it in harden's hands, and have him executing the pnr with dwight. and since rondo can't play off the ball at all, he'd be useless completely.

2. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

It's great to hear Asik and Lin will stay. I believe if they stay, Rockets will win championship. Asik will definitely help get pressure off Howard. Lin is still a good player, I guarantee Lin will improve next season.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Talking to Boston about Rondo doesn't necessarily mean the goal is for Rondo to end up here.

#403 Aleron, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  4. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

[​IMG]

5. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Feigen got it wrong, Its not Harden and Howard who want Asik and Lin to stay. It's Les and Morey.

Les wants to keep Lin becase of $$$. Morey wants to keep Asik because he's an asset whose stock is growing very rapidly.

6. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Lin and moreso Asik (aside from the obvious Harden) were important to our run last year. Why blow up a team that Howard wanted to play on? Our team isn't broken it was just lacking a few components and contrary to popular belief, our PG spot isn't broken with Lin starting.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's funny yet sad that Bill Ingrim can get so much trust because of what he calls himself. He's basically been lying/wrong/BSing for years now, yet people still quote him like his words mean something.

1 person likes this.
  8. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

The return.

Of an unwelcomed individual

9. mazinger

mazinger Member

But they're not. That's why Brooks and Camby are getting signed.

10. Reach

Reach Member

Youtube highlights will never tell you this, but Jimmer's shooting was rather mediocre efficiency wise even in college where the 3 point line is significantly closer to the basket. Should have been a red flag, but the Kings took him high anyway.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

That's largely because he launched a ton of 30-footers.

Jimmer can shoot. He's not a PG and I don't think he's a very good NBA player, but he can shoot.

12. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

I agree Jimmer can shoot, no doubt

Problem is that he's a bit slow and his defense is not that well

13. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i don't understand, how can you guarantee a players improvement that you only watch on tv? theres been playing in Lins situation who didn't improve until years later, not saying lin wont. it's just you cant "i guarantee this". Saying i hope he improves would be more realistic

1 person likes this.
  14. calmdowntime

calmdowntime Member

lol the LOHs are in full on panic mode, now they are banking on Lin not improving

15. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Howard did not want to play with this team... We had Lin, Parsons, Asik... And McHale and Dream to work with him and he told them all to go fly a kite and refused to be traded here.

Howard came to Houston because of Harden. He sees a guy that got a team to the playoffs that he knew he couldn't win with and recognize his greatness. I think the only players that Harden and Howard care about keeping on this team is Parsons, Bev, and TJ...

1 person likes this.
  16. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Jimmer can shoot. Problem is he has trouble getting his shot off. J.J. Redick had an issue with that as well. And we saw in the finals Danny Green can't get his shot off either when he's being guarded.

17. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

I doubt he gives a crap about Beverly and TJ. If Harden was the only reason why he's here then he's an idiot because Harden is a major plus but Harden Howard and a bunch of crappy role players who may or may not gel well together is not going to cut it. Even if you add a third star. Miami didnt win it until they actually got some decent role players. and that was with Lebron.

Harden was prolly the final piece that made him decide but I doubt it was Harden alone. Otherwise he could have gone to Washington or Cleveland
    We are set to be contenders already with our core intact.

wait til smthg really good comes along to trade away Lin and Asik. Not just adding a star for the sake of adding another star.

18. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

I'm pulling for every member of the team to exceed expectations, but I don't find anything wrong with someone else being a skeptic or not favoring certain players, for any reason, personal or otherwise. It's ok

19. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

Because thats what you do in fantasy sports and video games. The sum of all pieces must be the sum of all quantities. Team chemistry be damn.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

Don't know about Lin but I will be shocked if Asik is wearing a Houston Rockets uniform at the end of the 2013-2014 season.