1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks says he's back with the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jul 18, 2013.

1. newAge_Rockets

I think a trade is imminent for some kind of power forward involving Lin or Bev, Asik, and depending on the player, draft pcks

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Wow, start a thread for that. Who might be coming back?

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

...Thank you for the knowledge shared. And not only I knew not those but others did not, as well. So, again, thanks for the clarity!

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Brooks will work well with this group of guys IMO. I almost am tempted to suggest starting Brooks.

There will be many open three pointers for our PG. He won't have to facilitate a lot. I do think Lin is a better player though. Brooks just happens to be a better fit.

5. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Mostly because this place has been horrendous over the past year. Even now, after Dwight officially signed, I don't check this place as often anymore because I already know what every single thread is going to be.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Doubt it.

AB signed for the minimum and didnt get a better offer from any of the other 29 teams in the league. He is not signficant enough to signal or cause an imminent move.

Morey has never cared about positional excesss. Never cared when they went into the season with 5 PGs or 7 PFs on the roster.

7. Big Red Machine

Exactly.

Everyone around here likes to act like every little move is some precursor to a significant move, and that's almost never the case. Guys signing for the minimum shouldn't signal a significant transaction on the horizon.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Never cared when they went into the season with 5 PGs or 7 undersized tweener PFs on the roster.

OK, fixed.

1 person likes this.
  9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

all we need to do is sign mike
    James. ! ha ha

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I check this place every once and a while or comic relief, there are so many ridiculous posters that say the most insane things. You can't make it up. A lot of people here would hear that the Miami Heat signed an old washed up small forward for the minimum and immediately think that meant that the Heat were going to trade Lebron. Think of it as comedy and you'll be fine.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The guy who was left uncovered during the playoffs and shot 11% is a better fit!

Seriously its not that hard to figure out Brooks sucks but a lot of people still seem woefully and willfully ignorant.

How blissful.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on Sam, I know you hate Brooks but seriously that is one very small sample size and when I tried to argue that against you with Lowry and his first playoff experience, you correctly pointed out that it was too small a sample size.

And you were right then as I am now.

Brooks is a good insurance policy and a capable starter if necessary.

DD

13. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Your critique seems extreme but there is definitely some truth to it. However, these skills can be worked on during the off season. Fortunately, there is a fellow around H-Town by the name of Calvin Murphy who can give him some pointers :)

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Money's behavior with two healthy stars is most likely different than his behavior without. Also, adding the 7th young PF is different than adding a 4th old PG. tough to say it means anything other than Brooks has a chance to make roster and help.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Other Lowry not having been cut multiple times and sent to Guangzhou this parallel is spot on!

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Obviously Morey sees something in Aaron Brooks.

And if recent history is any indication, Morey makes good decisions..

See where I'm going here?

17. basketballholic

Mmmmmmmmmm.......yeah, Morey sees something in Aaron Brooks. Do you know what it is?

18. platypus

platypus Member

Why is there a 47 page thread on a Veteran Minimum player? Guess what, if brooks was any good he would have gotten picked up by a team needing a point-guard. The fact is that Aaron is done, he is a horrendous defender and a streaky shooter.

That one season with us was the peak of his career. Morey understands this and simply extended Aaron an offer as an insurance policy in case one of our important Point Guards in Lin or Bev gets injured.

Or he simply may be a camp body and will get cut when a better player gets bought out or waived. Expecting anything substantial out of Aaron Brooks at this point is just reaching.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with DD on this. In my opinion, Aaron Brooks is every bit as good as Lin and Beverly. Circumstance and bad luck has made him our third string PG. HOORAY FOR US!!!

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The 2007-2008 Rockets had 2 healthy stars, yet carried 5 PGs on its roster until they cut John Lucas III in late October 2007 and had 4 PGs the rest of the season. People kept on talking about how Rafer Alston was doomed but he stayed the starter all season (and most of the next year, until he got traded to Orlando and helped them get to the Finals).

With 15 guys on a roster, up to 20 until opening night, having 4 or more guys at a particular spot is just not that unusual and not that big a deal.

Signing minimum wage free agents is kind of like drafting in the late 1st/2nd round: position is a secondary consideration because it's hard enough just finding someone who doesn't suck and you are mostly looking for someone with the best chance at not sucking.