1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jim Buss says Kobe may be ready by pre season.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Jul 18, 2013.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

I like it. I'm actually hoping the Lakers barely squeeze into the playoffs and get destroyed by either us or SA/OKC/Clippers. In fact, it would be awesome if it was us.

The worst thing that can happen is the Lakers being horrible and actually get a star like Wiggins or Parker. Much prefer the get a 10~15 pick and then overpay some scrub next offseason when Melo/Lebron spurn them.

2. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

For Kobe's sake, I hope he rests a little more. No need to push yourself for an early return for a season that's going to produce squat

3. Laborer

Laborer Member

Bad decision by Buss to come out with this unwarranted prediction. Just setting Laker fans up for disappointment when this injury extends way past opening date.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

This is what I have been expecting from the beginning. Every time Kobe is injured I get the feeling they exaggerate it, to make a better headline. I'm still waiting on a heart attack on the court which he will shrug off, in order to score 40 points.

I expect him to be ready at the beginning of the season, and we will not hear the end of how Kobe is such a competitor that even career ending injuries cannot keep him of the court.

5. Awesome

Awesome Member

You don't feel pain when your achilles is torn.. its more like a numb sensation after the tear... ask anybody.

I was more impressed with Westbrook because he tore his meniscus and played the rest of that game like nothing happened.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Because he knows he can jack up 25 shots a game and not get called on it. He gets to be the Lone Ranger, which is what he prefers. And every point is one closer to the all time record.

7. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

How is a torn achilles an exaggerated injury? Sometimes people need to stop with the hate and read what the **** they're saying.

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Actually i got a tore meniscus as a soccer goalie. I continued to play the game (about 30 minutes left), and after that I went to practice and playing matches for 2 months. During those matches and practice everytime i dove to my left my knee would lock. To unlock it i had to juggle my knee, and then it would unlock. At one point i almost faint as a result of the pain when i unlocked my knee. That was a sign for me to go to a doctor.

Ofcourse as a result of this I had surgery twice, and my knee still bothers me (13 years later).

So playing on with a torn meniscus is possible (not smart but possible). Ofcourse it does depend on how badly torn it is.

I doubt it was a complete tear, I do not question it was a torn achilles. I just doubt how big the tear was.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He's just making sure Kobe won't be expecting that max after he tears his other achiles

10. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Actually it was a complete tear. That's why they were able to go in the next day and perform surgery on it instead of having to wait around a certain time period before they could.

http://deadspin.com/how-an-achilles-tear-affects-nba-players-or-why-kobe-472944871

11. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Why is he rushing it? It's not like the lakers are going with him at this point.

12. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

13. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

this is ridiculous...even if there was nothing shady going on...what's the rush? even if Kobe was 100% healthy, i don't know if the lakers make the playoffs...take the year off, get a blue-chipper in 2014 and go from there...is he that mad about dwight?

14. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Shes a long season. Stupidity if he tries to Rush back for game 1. Let Pau and Steve have the team for a month or two to see how they go. At his age i dont care how dedicated you are to recovery your only going to re-injure if you dont give it long enough to heal.

15. MadRox

MadRox Member

I smell black market embryonic stem cell injections.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am going to lay back and watch this unfold

17. amaru

amaru Member

He'd be a damn fool to come back before December

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Could this just be good PR for the Lakers?

Something to help the fans get over Howard leaving, by saying the king of LA will be back faster than expected?

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

[​IMG]

20. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member