1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Love Him or Hate Him, You Still Have to Support Him as long as He is a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Thats giving a free pass to some LOFs , as if they don't misguide their love for him as a person and his story and attribute it to his 'star' talent. Plenty of them claimed the real Lin was the one we saw during Linsanity and guaranteed he would be back to that level later in the season.

Both sides have their issues.

2. ERC

ERC Member

You can disagree to your heart's content if you like, but calling it stupid is just... not very nice. :rolleyes:

3. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

Lin will be sold when the deal is good. He's not a keeper.

4. ERC

ERC Member

I see your point but can't say I agree with you 100%. I, for one, didn't really care for Royce White before he was traded. Loved his effort for advocating mental illness awareness, but couldn't say I supported him unconditionally as I just didn't like many of his decisions.

Having said that, it's obvious that Lin's case was much, much different from White's. I share your frustration, but doubt it's gonna change. Good job good effort though.

Let's hope Lin shows tremendous improvement next season and helps narrow the gap between the two groups a little.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

It's an exercise in futility though man. Great OP, I tried doing something similar in the sense of encapsulating most of the opinions of Lin in one post but it blew up in my face worse that a 15 year old with matches and gasoline. It's going to happen. Will rep when not on mob

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

People expecting Linsanity were of course disappointed. Perfect storms don't happen every day, BUT I saw flashes of Linsanity during the season, which means, the potential is still there for greatly improved play. This season will tell the tale. The focus will be elsewhere, and everything should be easier for Lin. I am looking forward to a great season from him.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

As Ghandi once told me, people are so quick to point out the flaws of others yet so blind to their own. Lin isn't an allstar, and he's not some Dleaguee scrub who we need to trade for a 2020 protected second round pick. But as mr Anderson says, it is inevitable.

Shouldn't stop posters like OP from trying to play the role of Neo, though.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I saw someone point out a lot of bigtexxx posts where he uses the term "white guilt" (which made me lol btw)

I think a lot of people in this thread and lately in generaly possess "Lin guilt."

They know the craziness of the LOF but don't want there to be constant fighting so they become apologists for Lin and by extension for LOF.

1 person likes this.
  9. highlander3128

I remembered when Yao was still with us. There were always skeptical comments no matter how well or bad he played. Nothing new for me, because I'm here for long enough.

#Shrug.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ha - like you are the first person to ever try. All you've done is stoke the fire and make things worse.

11. Postcall

Postcall Member

The Rockets are great team some of their fans are pathetic. It's probably only 5 percent or so but the endless hatred by a few makes it hard to enjoy a great offseason. Clutchfans has largely become a site for mudslinging and I have come to accept that. There are plenty of other sites people can go to to avoid this sort of thing. Both realgm and reddit have small but more positive nba rockets sections where people can discuss things without the endless arguments . I just want you all to know there are options but if people still choose to come here they should have thick skin. Repped op. The fact is all our opinions don't count against Dwight and Harden's

1 person likes this.
  12. rocks123

rocks123 Member

I like Lin a lot. I like young and upcoming talent. I'm not really sure how much Morey is banking on his potential but his ceiling is definitely way up there. And personally i want him to reach his full player potential as a Rockets. It just sucks that both his fans and haters wants him traded. Whats up with that??

13. gamor

gamor Member

great post, spark.

I thought those biased commons toward Yao based on racism is bad , then this Lin love/hate is just madness.

many replies and posts are totally out basketball content, are purelly based on personnal
    (racial) preference, include both sides of LOF or LOH ,made this site unbearable.

Miss those old time reasonable true fans.

14. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I've never hated a Rockets player, except for Pippen.

And maybe T-Mac after the Toronto game.

Also, Squid, because he wouldn't stop running his ****ing mouth on Twitter.

No sane person (har har) would consider Royce a Rocket, but I hated him for the same reason I hate T-Willy.

Greek T-Mac was also on my list, when he started being a crybaby.

I still feel dirty that Fisher was technically a Rocket, but I'm proud that he never played a single minute for us.

Oh, and I didn't really like Von Wafer.

But other than that, I'm a diehard fan. I'll support any Rocket, regardless, unless I happen to dislike them.

Look, Lin's hard to root against, because he's such a hardworking, humble guy. But sometimes his fans make it tough. I take no pleasure in Lin performing poorly, because it hurts the team and he is a likeable player that you want to succeed.

The issue is that so many of his fans can never accept that he had a bad game because he had a bad game. He's basketball Jesus, and it's Harden's or McFail's fault that Lin is still growing into his role and developing his game instead of just dominating the league like he did for a short stretch two seasons ago. They assumed he'd go down as one of the greats because he had a hot hand for a while and they won't entertain the idea that he could fall short of that. It becomes infuriating and divisive.

1 person likes this.
  15. VBG

VBG Member

I'm the same way with James Harden. He was my least favorite prominent NBA player before last season. I still absolutely hate his flopping game and the constant head whipping. The matador defense.

I hate his driving for contact instead of the finish.

But he's a Rocket and he's a superstar so I'll support and defend him.

16. acyrocks

acyrocks Member

Exactly. I still remember those Yao hating comments and expect these Lin hating comments will be continue on this board till he's gone.

17. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Sooner or later we all learn you can't tame the beast.

Having said that, it's still a poor reflection on this society as a whole.

18. Postcall

Postcall Member

I can't speak for everyone but its not about the bad games I think it's the hate that gets piled on that makes people defensive. For example if Parsons has a bad game and 200 posters are crapping on him and 5 new threads of calling him a joke or demanding he get sent to the d league appear. It's hard for some on the younger ones to ignore. This cycle seemed to occur every few days and honestly I think people just want to be proved right and will see what they want. It's too bad because it has ruined a good site and for many it's not fun anymore. It's not posters like yourselves that people have a problem with.

19. platypus

platypus Member

There is a special place in hell for Yao bashers. The dude was all class as a rocket.

As far as Lin fans go i have no problem with them supporting a player. I just hope lin doesn't become another tebow and let his polarizability be his downfall, ESPN and Tebow's fans ran him into the ground.

The kid has a good head on him and i want to see him reach his potential.

20. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

At least Lin goes out there and plays his heart out. I can stand behind any player that leaves everything out on the court. Royce White is someone who I really hate as a player. He is just a joke of an NBA player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.