1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight ESPYs Burn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el gnomo, Jul 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. rumelian

rumelian Member

I hope Dwight gets pumped with these kind of offensive jokes.

Yes it is funny for everyone but not for Dwight and his family.this is just disrespectful.

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

That was cruel and unusual punishment for Dwight.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

There way more people saying this board is full of homers than there are homers who didn't think it was funny.

I thought the second joke was funny, but I really should have seen it coming.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The "Simply the Be....." part was funny. The first joke wasn't.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

The first joke fell flat but I, too, cracked up in the second.

6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Why do people compare LeBron who lived in Cleveland his entire life, played 7 years and signed an extension with them to someone who was traded to a team he didn't want to be on in the first place and left after 1 season? He obviously had doubts about playing alongside Kobe and the future of the Lakers.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Because Dwight will win 2 championships back to back with the Rockets.

Not 1, not 2, tentative 3, tentative 4, tentative 5, tentative 6, tentative 7.

1 person likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's hilarious to see, LA fans thought they'd be the most glamorous franchise forever, now is the first time a top10 player wanted out and called them out. If LA doesn't attract anything better than Melo in 2014 it will be glorious to watch the fans go nuts.

1 person likes this.
  9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ojkjk529Yys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CjZmgevArDw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/N_P9Qwowfyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He was only there for like 1 season. I am surprised he had these considering he played next to Kobe all season long and MDA doesn't know how to use big men at all. Something tells me you are either worried about the Rockets beating the Heat or you're mad at optimistic Rockets fans who believe the Rockets can beat the Heat.

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL you call these highlights?? That put-back dunk is average. 2 of the top 5 blocks are freaking goaltends. Big whoop he blocked Damian Lillard!??! And then Jordan Crawford who was trying to double pump??!

I cant get that excited about him stopping Robin Lopez at the rim. Of course every player is gonna a number of plays throughout the season. The joke was rhetorical and only funny because it's kinda true.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

This is like a breakup where you only had sex a few times and then the chick gets clingly as **** (#STAY) and then talks mad shiet about you when you find a younger, better chick (Houston) and acts like she ain't bout dis lyfe. The problem is its so transparent.

"YE YE YOU WAY BETTER DEN HIM ANYWAY YOU STRONG INDEPENDANT WOMAN DONT NEED NO MAN" -> "Lakers history blah blah"

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I said it was funny. jlgreen explaining the joke was high quality trolling, so I trolled back.

Now, tell me how a player is supposed to have meaningful highlights if he played next to Kobe, Kobe takes all the shots, Artest jacks up threes like there's no tomorrow, Gasol says when's my turn, and Nash thinks I should shoot if I don't give the ball to Kobe because it's my only chance. On top of that their star player gets injured. That's $31 million in cap space on the bench during the playoffs. And he played the Spurs led by the best coach in the history of sports whose defensive strategy was don't let Dwight do anything, let everyone else shoot. MDA thought he could win without feeding Dwight all season. He just didn't have the balls to say no to Kobe.

In just 4 playoff games, how is he supposed to have any meaningful highlights?

That said:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uFsnM-au8fI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W93HsQJlg7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brace yourselves. LA is going to implode this season and we won't stop hearing about it.

13. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

A big man that catch and finish! WOOO man we are gonna feast. Pick and Roll. Alleyoop. Pocket Pass.

14. Drawkwa22

Drawkwa22 Member

Hahaha you nailed it!

Also this clip was not funny at all... LA has gotta get over it!

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

C'mon man. I doubt his 8 b*stard kids/baby mommas felt disrespected.

16. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

I didn't bother watching. Still haven't seen the clip. However, I love all the "DH did nothing in LA" blasts. He had a down year by his standards but I wouldn't call his stat line "nothing". If he's basically worthless (because he did nothing after all) why was every city that could afford him begging for him to sign? Clearly some hyperbole, but it's a common thread lately.

Holding DH to the standard he set in Orlando isn't such a bad thing. But if he really was playing at 80% due to the surgery and shoulder issues and people are calling him out... Yea, that's a good way to light a fire.

18. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

19. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I have a feeling Dwight was sitting at home laughing too and then one of his boys slapped him upside his head.

20. LiveEatSleepRox

BRING THE PAIN NEXT SEASON !