1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do the Rockets go from here? Will Morey go after Lebron James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2016Champions, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I think the Rockets would have a better chance at getting Melo
    He wanted to come to Houston/but was cut short b/c of Yao Ming retiring..
    Knicks arn't getting past the Heat
    Also hearing LMA wants to be a Rocket, i'll take either or

Harden
    Melo/LMA
    Howard

2. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

Like we don't have enough already? I joined the season before we got Lin, and I notice how many people not only joined afterwards, but posted a bunch of stupid threads. I feel bad for the OG's of clutchfans.

3. Crank

Crank Member

Lebron in houston 2014, and i streak! Hahaha.

4. Harden13

Harden13 Member

But then he'll get a bad wrap as a team hopper that will plague the way he is viewed back on his championships. He will ether rebuild with Miami or return to Cleveland to end his legacy in his hometown.

5. Harden13

Harden13 Member

Just because people just joined this forum doesn't mean were "bandwagons". I personally have been going to rockets games for the last 5 years and watched the entire last season thanks to NBA league pass. Just because I didn't feel the need to join a rockets forum until all of the free agency drama and rumors of this summer does not make me a "bandwagon" fan. I found this forum due to it and I am thankful I did.

6. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

I like the idea of forming the best team in NBA history; nice sounding pitch for Lebron...

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

yeah don't see lebron coming to houston

8. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

LeBron doesn't want to be known as the guy chasing fame and chasing "Big 3's". He'll either stay in Miami or he will go to Cleveland with a very small chance of going to the NY Knicks. He won't go anywhere else.

9. hra8700

hra8700 New Member

It's possible a big reason Morey isn't trading Asik or Lin is to get Lebron in 2014. The rockets can sign and trade for Lebron in exchange for Lin, Asik, and whatever other draft compensation is necessary. The salaries work.

That would allow the rockets to keep a core of:

Beverley
    Harden
    Lebron
    Parsons
    Dwight

With Motiejunas, Jones, Smith, Canaan backing up. Lebron can flex to the 2, Parsons can play the backup 3/4, Motiejunas and Jones can split minutes at 4, with Smith backing up Dwight and Canaan backing up Beverley.

I think this would clearly be a historically great team, the question is whether Lebron thinks the championships will be worth the possible image of being a team hopper.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

As much as it would make sense from a winning standpoint I just don't see lebron coming here. What happens this next season could change the league in many ways. I don't think the heat will win next season for one.

11. KWilson71

KWilson71 Member

Dreaming kind of big. I'd be comfortable with LMA.

12. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Who is Morey? Do you mean Mauray? Spell it right man.

13. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

I bet Lebron won't be available... if he win's another ring in miami, he won't sign with anyone else. he'll gun for a a fourth straight championship.

but talking about FAs in 2014, Brooklyn Owner Prokhorov made a promise to win a title in 5 years. I bet he will sign another huge FA next season, as it seems to me the dude wants to buy a championship. Just offer $$$$

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Lebron wore a red suit yesterday at the ESPY's and in his beats commercial, the song he's listening to is "Radioactive (Welcome to a new age)"

just saying....

[​IMG]

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

not sure if that's photo shopped or not, but Dwight's not that much taller than Lebron is he? Dwight's about 6'10 and Lebron is 6'8, but the difference in that picture looks around 5 inches.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

And then you wake up.

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

not really,

we'd have the best player in the league in lebron

best SG

best C

possible best role player in parsons?

but it'd be hard to say about the rest of the roster

18. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Yup. Its going to happen.

Howard
    LMA
    Lebron
    Harden
    Magic Johnson

Then he'll get Kareem, Dr J & the team from Space Jam for depth.

19. Raven

Raven Member

We don't need Marshmallow and LeDiva will stay in Miami or possibly go to LA or back to Cleveland.

I think a possible scenario is that the Lakers choose not to re-sign Kobe (gasp) and that Marshmallow ends up in LA with Cousins.

20. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I don't think Lebron goes back to Cleveland at all. I think that no matter what happens with the Heat this year that Lebron is going to opt out and so is Bosh. It is just the smart thing to do financially. If the Heat win the title this year, Lebron and Bosh will re-sign with the Heat for sure. If they lose or don't make it to the finals than I see them opting out and testing the market and that is a big if. Right now my money is on either the Thunder or the Pacers to win it all. I like the Pacers more than I like the Thunder though. The rumor I have heard is that the Rockets would be willing to trade Parsons, Lin, Howard, and whoever else for Lebron and Bosh. Then the Rockets have Beverley, Harden, Lebron, Bosh, and Asik. That is really not a bad starting 5. I just am not sure that it will happen.

This is where I heard the rumor if anyone is interested in hearing about the Rockets and Lebron, I suggest you listen to this podcast at about the 17 minute mark: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=10414643